Orange Sesame Noodles with Vegetables
This post is sponsored by Florida Department of Citrus.
What's perfect for summer? A light and fresh cold noodle dish and citrus right? These orange sesame noodles with vegetables fit that bill!
They are light and easy to make! You can use soba noodles or thin spaghetti, whichever you prefer!
I love cooking and baking with Florida orange juice. Did you know it was so easy to cook with? (If you missed out my orange tres leches cake…you need to check it out!)
Prep the veggies.
Boil the noodles and then parboil the veggies.
I like these noodles cold, so refrigerate the noodles and the vegetables.
Mix up the sauce…
then add the Florida orange juice!
Whisk it all together!
Mix the vegetables up with the noodles.
What I love about this dish is that you can make it ahead! If you do make it ahead, don't add the sauce until you're ready to serve.
I can't wait for you to make this…I know you'll love it!!!
Make sure you follow the hashtag #AmazingInside on on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and join in on the conversation! Be sure to follow Florida Orange Juice on Facebook, follow on twitter and on instagram!
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Orange Sesame Noodles with Vegetables Recipe
- 1/2 pound soba noodles or thin spaghetti, cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced at an angle
- 1 broccoli head, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 red pepper, sliced and then cut in thirds
- 1/2 cup snap peas
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 green onion, sliced
- sesame seed, to garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Remove pasta with tongs and place in a medium sized mixing bowl. Allow it to cool on the counter for a few minutes and then put it in the refrigerator.
- Add broccoli to boiling water and cook for one minute. Remove with a slotted spoon. Rinse carefully with cold water (to stop the cooking). Add carrots and cook for about four minutes. Remove with a slotted and rinse carefully with cold water. Do the same for the snap peas, cook for just one minute.
- Place the cooked vegetables in the refrigerator while you prepare the sauce.
- Add minced garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce and sriracha to a small bowl. Whisk together and then add orange juice. Whisk together.
- Take pasta and vegetables and mix together. Add orange sesame sauce and mix together. Garnish with green onions and sesame seed.
Note: If you’re making it a day ahead, keep the sauce separated from the noodles and veggies until you’re ready to serve!
from The Little Kitchen
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Florida Department of Citrus. I only work with brands that I love and only share with you my own opinions. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Little Kitchen possible.