Giveaway alert, I'm giving away a copy of The Recipe Girl Cookbook! Details below.
I love Lori's blog, The Recipe Girl, and I love her food…so I knewww I would love her cookbook! It's full of great recipes for cooking everyday and even entertaining. I love how she organizes the recipes, meals but with titles like Hungry Mornings, Let's Do Lunch and Happy Hour and she even puts together 20 themed menus for entertaining to make it easier!
Doesn't this Make-ahead Overnight Breakfast Casserole look so good?
Brown-Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies — need I say more?
Red Velvet-Cheesecake Cake — I feel like no description is needed for this recipe too!
And Marshmallow-Malt Ice Cream– I have to make this soon. I will be making this soon!
Gorgonzola Smashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (unpeeled)
- 3/4 to 1 cup half-and-half, warmed (see Tips)
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the potato chunks. Boil the potatoes just until they are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander. Place them in a large bowl. Mash them lightly with a fork. Stir 3/4 cup of the half-and-half and the butter into the potatoes. Add more half-and-half, as needed, if the potatoes seem too dry. Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To warm the half-and-half, just pour it into a glass measuring cup and heat it in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stove. It should only take a short time, but watch it closely so it doesn't bubble up and over the cup.
Disclosure: I received a copy of this cookbook for the purpose of review. All opinions expressed are always my own and there are affiliate links in this post.