I'm back with another appetizer for you. I know it seems cliche. It's Super Bowl Week and I'm sharing another appetizer. I have something to admit Curtis and I rarely watch the Super Bowl anymore. We switch between the commercials and the Puppy Bowl! Every year though, I make an array of appetizers and way too much food for two people and it's awesome. On the menu are boneless chicken wings for Curtis and…
This year, I'm making these Cheddar and Smoked Summer Sausage Pinwheel Appetizers for our appetizer party for two. I was so excited when Harry & David asked me to develop a recipe using their Harry's Gift Box! After my trip to Harry & David last year, I jumped at the chance to work with them again.
They are a very special company. They really care about quality and their products are amazing…my favorite gift basket or box to send to friends and family.
This recipe is pretty easy and takes just minutes to put together!
Jump over here for the Cheddar and Smoked Summer Sausage Pinwheel Appetizers recipe. Interested in more? Check out my Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings and from last year, 100 Best Super Recipes!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Harry & David. Opinions shared here are always my own and I only share and work with brands that I love.
Cheddar and Smoked Summer Sausage Pinwheel Appetizer Recipe
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Harry & David Aged Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 package of 5-ounce Harry & David Hickory Smoked Summer Sausage, diced small
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix beaten egg with one tablespoon of cold water in a small prep bowl.
- Mix cream cheese, green onions, shredded cheddar and diced smoked summer sausage in a small mixing bowl. Flour a cutting board or surface and place thawed puff pastry sheet on it. Brush egg wash all over the puff pastry sheet. Using a spoon, spread the cream cheese-cheddar mixture all over the pastry sheet. Starting on the short edge, roll up the puff pastry sheet. Using a sharp knife, cut slices that are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place cut side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and brush sides and tops with the egg wash. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes.