Ahhh, it's still milkshake week and I'm so hopped up on milkshakes! 🙂 I'm excited to share this one with you. A while back, we ended up at Outback for dinner. Their dessert menu had these mini milkshakes and I had to order one. Guess what? It was amazing. I was trying to figure out how they made it, I looked over at Curtis and said they must have used that instant cappuccino powder you can buy at the grocery store. I told him I wanted to try to make it at home soon.
What is it with milkshakes and always enjoying them at restaurants or out? I love milkshakes and always feel like they are a lot of work to make at home, they seem like a luxury item…don't you agree? But honestly, if you have a good blender and the right ingredients, they are so easy to make at home!
I found a French vanilla cappuccino powder (basically instant), I'm sure you can use whatever flavor you'd like (think mocha!).
It's super easy and takes seconds to blend together.
Amazing, amazing! A milkshake with a cappuccino flavor and no need to turn on your coffee machine. I couldn't believe that this worked the first time too…it's so good! I know you'll love it! Perfect for a little pick me up in the summer. 🙂 🙂
Pssssst, don't forget to enter in our awesome milkshake week giveaway!
Cappuccino Milkshake Recipe
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup cappuccino powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- pirouline cookies for serving
- To make the whipped cream, add whipping cream vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to mix (one medium) until there are medium peaks. Cover and refrigerated until needed for milkshakes.
- Add vanilla ice cream, cappuccinno powder and milk into a blender. Pulse until blended. Serve in drinking glasses, topped with whipped cream and straws and accompanied by priouline cookies.
Be sure to check out my Fried Banana Milkshakes and my Peanut Butter and Brownie Milkshakes too!
Check it out…some more awesome milkshake recipes from our blogger friends…swoon!
- The Michelangelo Milkshake from Love & Olive Oil
- Cappuccino Milkshake from The Little Kitchen
- Berries & Cream Milkshake from My Baking Addiction
- Birthday Cake Milkshake from Cookies and Cups
- Blueberry Pie Smoothie from Warm Vanilla Sugar
- Mocha Malt Shakes from Bluebonnets & Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Milkshake from Dairy Good Life
- Nerds Milkshake from Rachel Cooks
- Pistachio Cookies And Cream Shake from kokocooks
- Key Lime Pie Milkshakes from Katie's Cucina
- Peanut Butter Cup Banana Milkshake Recipe from Reluctant Entertainer
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Milkshake from FoodieCrush
Nina Naira says
I love cappuccino. This cappuccino milkshake seems to be very delicious. It’s the perfect recipe for the summer season. I can’t wait to make this for my family too. Thanks, for sharing this recipe.
Mudit bothra says
The milkshake looks heavenly.. Truly amazing..
I was just wondering which blender is best suitd to get a perfect milkshake. Could you please suggest some.
I have been wanting to make these forever!! They are my boyfriend’s favorite, I was thinking cappuccino powder too, thank you for inspiring me :):)
Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen says
Dang! You know how to make a girl hungry!!
Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen says
So delicious! I need this now!
What a great idea to use instant cappuccino powder! Makes the shake much easier to make.
This milkshake looks AMAZING! I’m excited to give this recipe a try. Thank you for the post.
Brian @ A Thought For Food says
I’m currently sitting in a room that’s 85 degrees (no a/c). I think I need a batch of these right now.
Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet says
I love cappuccino! This milkshake is calling my name! Pinned!
jamie | my baking addiction says
Since this has coffee in it, it’s totally acceptable for breakfast, right? Love it!
Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies says
Love it, Julie. I love anything that has a coffee flavor, as you know. This looks yummy! I bet it would be great just in regular milk too.
Sandy @ Reluctant Entertainer says
This looks fabulous! Thanks for including me in such a fun week, Julie!
Love the foaminess of this shake! 🙂
Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg says
This is milkshake lusciousness.
Love this!! I need to go find that powder and make asap!
I would love this!! Sweetened coffee is so my thing!
Rachel Cooks says
That whipped cream is calling my name!!!
Milkshakes are my favorite. I love this week!
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar says
This is so dang pretty! Love the flavour!
Mason Canyon says
This is perfect for the summer heat. I pinned.
Yummy! This is a great dessert and drink in one for summer
Averie @ Averie Cooks says
Looks awesome & pinned! Outback has the best blended drinks! I used to go there for their bread and their drinks back in the day…ha! 🙂