Ahhh, it's still milkshake week and I'm so hopped up on milkshakes! 🙂 I'm excited to share this one with you. A while back, we ended up at Outback for dinner. Their dessert menu had these mini milkshakes and I had to order one. Guess what? It was amazing. I was trying to figure out how they made it, I looked over at Curtis and said they must have used that instant cappuccino powder you can buy at the grocery store. I told him I wanted to try to make it at home soon.
What is it with milkshakes and always enjoying them at restaurants or out? I love milkshakes and always feel like they are a lot of work to make at home, they seem like a luxury item…don't you agree? But honestly, if you have a good blender and the right ingredients, they are so easy to make at home!
I found a French vanilla cappuccino powder (basically instant), I'm sure you can use whatever flavor you'd like (think mocha!).
It's super easy and takes seconds to blend together.
Amazing, amazing! A milkshake with a cappuccino flavor and no need to turn on your coffee machine. I couldn't believe that this worked the first time too…it's so good! I know you'll love it! Perfect for a little pick me up in the summer. 🙂 🙂
Pssssst, don't forget to enter in our awesome milkshake week giveaway!
Yield: Makes (1) 12-ounce shake (or two 6-ounce shakes)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cappuccino Milkshake Recipe
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup cappuccino powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- pirouline cookies for serving
- To make the whipped cream, add whipping cream vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to mix (one medium) until there are medium peaks. Cover and refrigerated until needed for milkshakes.
- Add vanilla ice cream, cappuccinno powder and milk into a blender. Pulse until blended. Serve in drinking glasses, topped with whipped cream and straws and accompanied by priouline cookies.
from The Little Kitchen, inspired by Outback's mini cappuccino milkshakes
Check it out…some more awesome milkshake recipes from our blogger friends…swoon!
- The Michelangelo Milkshake from Love & Olive Oil
- Cappuccino Milkshake from The Little Kitchen
- Berries & Cream Milkshake from My Baking Addiction
- Birthday Cake Milkshake from Cookies and Cups
- Blueberry Pie Smoothie from Warm Vanilla Sugar
- Mocha Malt Shakes from Bluebonnets & Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Milkshake from Dairy Good Life
- Nerds Milkshake from Rachel Cooks
- Pistachio Cookies And Cream Shake from kokocooks
- Key Lime Pie Milkshakes from Katie's Cucina
- Peanut Butter Cup Banana Milkshake Recipe from Reluctant Entertainer
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Milkshake from FoodieCrush