Ahhh, it's still milkshake week and I'm so hopped up on milkshakes! 🙂 I'm excited to share this one with you. A while back, we ended up at Outback for dinner. Their dessert menu had these mini milkshakes and I had to order one. Guess what? It was amazing. I was trying to figure out how they made it, I looked over at Curtis and said they must have used that instant cappuccino powder you can buy at the grocery store. I told him I wanted to try to make it at home soon.
What is it with milkshakes and always enjoying them at restaurants or out? I love milkshakes and always feel like they are a lot of work to make at home, they seem like a luxury item…don't you agree? But honestly, if you have a good blender and the right ingredients, they are so easy to make at home!
I found a French vanilla cappuccino powder (basically instant), I'm sure you can use whatever flavor you'd like (think mocha!).
It's super easy and takes seconds to blend together.
Amazing, amazing! A milkshake with a cappuccino flavor and no need to turn on your coffee machine. I couldn't believe that this worked the first time too…it's so good! I know you'll love it! Perfect for a little pick me up in the summer. 🙂 🙂
Pssssst, don't forget to enter in our awesome milkshake week giveaway!
Cappuccino Milkshake Recipe
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup cappuccino powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- pirouline cookies for serving
- To make the whipped cream, add whipping cream vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to mix (one medium) until there are medium peaks. Cover and refrigerated until needed for milkshakes.
- Add vanilla ice cream, cappuccinno powder and milk into a blender. Pulse until blended. Serve in drinking glasses, topped with whipped cream and straws and accompanied by priouline cookies.
Check it out…some more awesome milkshake recipes from our blogger friends…swoon!
- The Michelangelo Milkshake from Love & Olive Oil
- Cappuccino Milkshake from The Little Kitchen
- Berries & Cream Milkshake from My Baking Addiction
- Birthday Cake Milkshake from Cookies and Cups
- Blueberry Pie Smoothie from Warm Vanilla Sugar
- Mocha Malt Shakes from Bluebonnets & Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Milkshake from Dairy Good Life
- Nerds Milkshake from Rachel Cooks
- Pistachio Cookies And Cream Shake from kokocooks
- Key Lime Pie Milkshakes from Katie's Cucina
- Peanut Butter Cup Banana Milkshake Recipe from Reluctant Entertainer
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Milkshake from FoodieCrush