I'm so excited to share with you today, I have been working with KitchenAid as a contributor to their blog launched this past May! This is my second recipe, a Smoked Paprika Chicken Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing! You'll love it, I know it! My first recipe for KitchenAid was an Asian-Style Roasted Whole Snapper.
These two recipes are part of KitchenAid's kitchen challenges; encouraging us all that there's more to make and to push ourselves in the kitchen. I love them because each one I have participated in have actually been a challenge for me. Stretching where I want to go and where I can go in the kitchen.
For the recipe, hop on over to the KitchenAid blog!
But before you go, I wanted to show you my diary of a theft (via iPhone photos)…
Prince (one of our cats) is a girl and she came to live with us a couple of years ago from my sister. She's probably 12 or 13 years old now. She usually sleeps on the dog bed or under my desk while I'm working or you can find her on Charley's bed in our bedroom. Sometimes when I'm photographing, she is a little interested.
This was the first time, there was more than just interest…
She was surveying the landscape and checking out to see if the authorities were around…
I couldn't believe the nerve of her (and those extra toes, they are great for stealing). Okay, I could. She's a cat who thinks she's a dog who has more clout than the dogs in this house. Needless to say, I gave her a piece of chicken when I was done shooting this recipe and…
Prince “says” she liked it and hopes you'll go check out and comment on my Smoked Paprika Chicken Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing! 😉
Disclosure: I was compensated for my guest post over on the KitchenAid blog. However, I was not required to write this post. Opinions are always my own and I only work with brands I love.
Smoked Paprika Chicken Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped small
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped small
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped small
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- salt & pepper
The rest of the salad
- handfuls of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- handfuls of baby spinach, washed
- handfuls of arugula, washed
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 carrot, washed, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery heart, washed and chopped
- cheddar cheese, shredded or peeled with a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup roasted & salted pumpkin seeds
- 2-3 slices bacon, cooked & cut into bits
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil. Place chicken into a medium-sized glass bowl and pour melted butter on top. Make sure butter is evenly distributed over chicken. Mix paprika, garlic powder and salt together in a small prep bowl. Spread evenly over chicken and place on top of baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Allow chicken to rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- TIP: This can be done a day ahead and the chicken can be served on the salad cold.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Prepare ranch dressing ingredients and place all ingredients into a jar with a sealed lid. Close lid and screw tightly. Shake until ingredients are thoroughly mixed together. Add salt & pepper to taste. Place in the refrigerator while preparing salad ingredients.
- Store in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
- Prep and chop vegetables and lettuces. Arrange salad on 2 to 4 plates or as a buffet so guests can pick and choose ingredients. Serve with homemade ranch dressing.