Spinach Salad with Panko-Crusted Chicken and Orange-Ginger Salad Dressing
This post is sponsored by Florida Department of Citrus.
I love working with the Florida Department of Citrus because I love love Florida Orange Juice. We always have some in our refrigerator and I try to drink a glass each day! I love the taste, there’s nothing like it! Not only am I getting my much needed Vitamin C, I’m also getting potassium and folate, without any added sugar.
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you for this spinach salad made with an orange-ginger dressing, of course I used Florida Orange Juice in the dressing! I topped the salad off with a panko-crusted chicken breast. It’s so so good and better yet, you can even make it ahead of time while you’re meal prepping for lunches or dinners during the week!
First, we’re going to make the orange-ginger salad dressing! Put some Florida Orange Juice into a jar.
PS and by the way, did you know that drinking a glass of 100% orange juice gives you one of your daily recommended servings of fruit? (That’s an 8-ounce glass!)
Add the soy sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper to the jar with Florida Orange Juice.
Next grate the ginger and add it. Close the jar and shake it really well. I love making salad dressings this way!
Then, add the honey to taste. Depending on your preference!
Close the jar and shake it again to make sure it’s mixed all the way! And then put it in the refrigerator.
Cut the chicken length-wise into cutlets. You’ll now have four pieces.
I put Florida Orange Juice into the egg mixture!
Dip the chicken into the egg-OJ mixture and then into the panko breadcrumbs.
It’s really really easy!
Cook in a nonstick skillet with olive oil and they look golden brown delicious like this! (Be sure to let that chicken rest before slicing it.)
You can use a grater to grate the carrot or after you have peeled it, you can peel long strips and then cut them up for your salad. I love serving carrot this way in salads!
Put the salad together. You can totally toss the dressing into the spinach salad. You can add sliced almonds if you want to!
And then top with the chicken but be sure to add that amazing orange-ginger dressing to the chicken too!
It’s an easy meal to make and I know your family and friends will LOVE it! Perfect for summer and a wonderful way to use the Florida Orange Juice you have in your refrigerator!
For more information about Florida Orange Juice along with recipes and videos, be sure to visit the Florida Department of Citrus’ website! And follow them on Instagram and check out the hashtag #AmazingInside!
Be sure to check out my other recipes where I use Florida Orange Juice!
Yield: Serves 4
Spinach Salad with Panko Chicken and Orange-Ginger Dressing Recipe
- 1/3 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Florida Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated or shredded with a peeler
- sliced almonds
Place all of the dressing ingredients (except the honey) into a jar that has an airtight lid. Put the lid on tightly and shake. Add the honey to taste. Close the jar again and shake until the honey is mixed in. Place the jar in the refrigerator while you’re prepping the rest of the salad.
- Add 1 large egg and Florida Orange Juice to a shallow dish. Beat egg and orange juice together.
- In another shallow dish, add the panko breadcrumbs along with salt and pepper.
- Prep chicken. I like to cut the chicken lengthwise so it makes two cutlets. Now you’ll have four pieces.
- Add chicken to the dish with the egg mixture. Flip chicken over so it’s covered in the egg mixture.
- Dip the chicken in the panko breadcrumb mixture. Shake off any excess and keep covering the chicken with breadcrumbs until it’s cover. Fip over and repeat. Repeat with all of the pieces of chicken.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick skillet on medium high for 3 minutes. Add two pieces of chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the chicken and add more olive oil if needed and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove chicken and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Lower heat if necessary. Wipe pan with a paper towel. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet. Cook the remaining pieces of chicken as directed above. Let the chicken cool and rest at least 4 to 5 minutes before cutting.
- Prep salad. Clean the spinach, peel the outer peel off the carrots. Using a grater or peeler, grate or peel the carrot. Mix in with spinach. Add sliced almonds and toss.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken into slices and serve on top of the salad.
- Add the desired amount of dressing to your salad.
from The Little Kitchen
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Florida Department of Citrus. I only work with brands that I love and only share with you my own opinions. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Little Kitchen possible.