Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
This post is sponsored by While Lily.
I have a thing for shortbread cookies. I love them! But I like them soft.
White Lily sent me a couple of bags of their Enriched All Purpose Wheat Flour and I was excited to try it in a cookie recipe! You can use their wheat flour in any baking recipe and I really love the zip top bag it comes in.
To make these cookies or any cookies, I like to do my chopping ahead of time. These cookies are thin so I chop up the white chocolate chips I used.
Chop up the dried cranberries.
Measure out the flour and mix in the cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
In batches, add the wheat flour. (If you don't have it on hand, you can use White Lily all purpose flour too.)
The cookie dough is starting to come together!
Mix in the cranberries and the white chocolate.
Split the dough in half.
And roll the dough after you have sealed up the plastic wrap.
I keep a ruler in my kitchen for this very reason. Roll it out so it's even and measure out to be about 7 to 8 inches. Refrigerate for a few hours before baking.
These cookies are so soft and buttery. They are so light and I love them! Perfect for the holiday season and gift giving too! We mailed them to our dear friends in Oregon and they loved them!
You can totally dip these cookies in melted white chocolate too!
Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Yield: about 45 cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes (plus 3 hours refrigeration time)
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily Enriched All Purpose Wheat Flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped white chocolate
- Mix flour, cornstarch and salt with a whisk in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and sugar to a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together using an electric hand mixer, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Adding mixed dry ingredients in two batches to the wet ingredients, mix until ingredients are combined (with hand mixer) but don’t over mix. Add the cranberries and chopped white chocolate to the cookie dough and mix with rubber spatula.
- Split cookie dough in half. Add first half to a long pieces of plastic wrap. Shape into 7 to 8-inch logs that are about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Once shaped, wrap with another piece of plastic and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut into 1/4 or 1/2 inch thick slices and place on parchment paper lined baking sheets for 10 to 11 minutes.
modified from these cookies.
Have you tried this recipe?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by White Lily. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that I work with, it allows me to keep doing what I love; sharing on The Little Kitchen.