Who doesn't love cupcakes right? They are for birthdays and every day…I completely adore them! And Betty Crocker's Party Rainbow Chip Cake Mix (sprinkles!) makes me think of birthdays.
Did you happen to check out my rainbow cake last month? 🙂 When thinking about birthdays and how to make them easy and fun, I thought cupcake decorating party! Why not, right? Here are the reasons why this is so easy:
- You don't have to frost the cupcakes!
- The guests/kids do all the work
- It's fun
- Cupcakes can double as favors
Remember, birthday parties do not have to be perfect, just perfectly fun AND memorable. I'm sure you agree!
Best way ever to measure oil when there's water in your list of ingredients. I measure the water first and then measure the oil. Less oil stuck in your measuring cup!
Easy, less mess way to scoop cupcakes, use a 3 Tablespoon (large) cookie scoop! Measures each cupcake perfectly!
And now you can have your party!
Let me walk you through it. Some people love salty with their sweet, put some pretzels for them. You can frost the cupcakes ahead of time (depending on the age level of the party) if you want!
Set up plates of sprinkles for dipping cupcakes in.
Set up bowls of fruit too!
Here is the line up that I used. I had no idea Betty Crocker has decors that are stars! And how about the gold sugar? I'm so obsessed with it…you can never have TOO MANY SPRINKLES. That doesn't exist in my book!
Let everyone decorate two cupcakes, eat one now and take the other one home.
I hope you enjoyed this birthday party idea as much as I had fun making it and photographing and eating it. Ha
Birthday Cupcake Decorating Party
- Betty Crocker SuperMoist Party Rainbow Chip Cake Mix, with Pudding in the Mix (16.25 ounces)
- ingredients for the cake mix
- Cupcake liners
- Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Chocolate Frosting
- Betty Crocker Whipped Whipped Cream Frosting
- Betty Crocker Gold Sugar Cupcake Gems
- Betty Crocker Decorating Decors: Nonpareil
- Betty Crocker Decorating Decors: Stars
- Betty Crocker Decorating Decors: Chocolate
- Betty Crocker Decorating Decors: Rainbow Mix
- Pretzel sticks
- Fresh Strawberries or other fruit, sliced
- Individual Cupcake Holders, for favors
- Bake cupcakes according to the instructions on the cake mix box. I used a dark (nonstick) cupcake tin, lined them with cupcake liners, baked at 325 degrees F for 14 to 15 minutes.
- Set up table with a tablecloth (for less mess) and arrange cupcakes, sprinkles, fruit and pretzels for easy decorating.
Disclosure: I'm thrilled to be working with Betty Crocker to #GetYourBettyOn! I only work with brands that I love and only share with you my honest opinions. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker. The opinions and text are all mine.