This post is sponsored by DOVE® Chocolate.
I love giving edible gifts to family and friends over the holidays, what about you? When I was thinking about what I could make this year that involves DOVE® Chocolate PROMISES, I knew I had to make a chocolate pretzel bark. I love the combination of salty and sweet for this treat!
I'm hoping this holiday season isn't getting too hectic for you. When things get crazy for our family, we make sure to take time to sit down, enjoy our Christmas tree and listen to holiday music together.
This chocolate pretzel bark is so easy to make and it's a nice little gift! Who doesn't love easy and delicious, right?
I love unwrapping the DOVE Chocolate PROMISES…the sayings inside are so cute! Like ‘Spread chocolate and cheer' and ‘Friendship is the greatest gift'!
You can use a double boiler or you can use a microwave. I used the microwave to melt the chocolate.
I always mix after each interval in the microwave because you don't want to burn the chocolate.
After you are able to get it smooth like this, you're ready to make bark!
Pour the milk chocolate onto a prepared baking sheet.
Smooth it out with an angled spatula.
It will look like this.
Add the pretzels and press them down if needed.
I drizzle some milk chocolate on top.
Now we're ready to melt the dark chocolate.
I used a smaller bowl and microwaved it as well.
Drizzle the dark chocolate on top and then add sprinkles.
With the leftover chocolate, I dipped some pretzels in the milk chocolate and then drizzled the dark chocolate on top!
Refrigerate the bark in the fridge and then when you're ready, cut them into pieces.
I snuck a few taste tests after I cut up the chocolate pretzel bark. It's soooo good! The perfect amount of salty and sweetness.
I brought them to my doctor's office as well as to the physical therapy center I go to, they really enjoyed this chocolate candy gift! And it put a smile on their faces!
I love that journaling gives me some much needed time to myself during the holidays, this is the time I truly enjoy and I really look forward to. It's important to take a break this holiday season, how will you #ChoosePleasure and focus on yourself during this busy time of year?
Chocolate Pretzel Bark Recipe
- Three 8.87-ounce bags Silky Smooth DOVE PROMISES Milk Chocolate (about 96 pieces)
- About 1/3 of a 16-ounce bag of mini pretzels about 50 pieces
- 15 piecesSilky Smooth DOVE PROMISES Dark Chocolate about 1/2 bag
- Your favorite sprinkles
- Prep a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, melt the milk chocolate. Or if you’re using the microwave, make sure it’s at 50% power and heat for 30 seconds at a time, for a told of 60 seconds. After each interval, stir the chocolate with a spoon. Then, microwave for 15 seconds at a time, for a total of 45 seconds, until it’s melted. Be sure to stir after each interval. You may not need the entire time that I needed to, depending on your microwave.
- Spread most of the milk chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet. Using an angled spatula smooth the chocolate out and spread it across the baking mat. Place pretzels on top and press down, if needed. Drizzle some of the remaining milk chocolate with a spoon.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate. Or if you’re using the microwave, make sure it’s at 50% power and heat 15 seconds at a time, for a total of about 60 seconds. Be sure to stir the chocolate after each interval. You may not need the entire time I needed to melt the dark chocolate, it depends on your microwave.
- Drizzle the dark chocolate on top. Add your favorite sprinkles. And place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes. Remove and cut into pieces. Place into goodie bags and tie with kitchen twine for a gift or party favor.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DOVE® Chocolate. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that I work with, it allows me to keep doing what I love; sharing on The Little Kitchen.