This post is sponsored by DOVE® Chocolate.
I love giving edible gifts to family and friends over the holidays, what about you? When I was thinking about what I could make this year that involves DOVE® Chocolate PROMISES, I knew I had to make a chocolate pretzel bark. I love the combination of salty and sweet for this treat!
I'm hoping this holiday season isn't getting too hectic for you. When things get crazy for our family, we make sure to take time to sit down, enjoy our Christmas tree and listen to holiday music together.
This chocolate pretzel bark is so easy to make and it's a nice little gift! Who doesn't love easy and delicious, right?
I love unwrapping the DOVE Chocolate PROMISES…the sayings inside are so cute! Like ‘Spread chocolate and cheer' and ‘Friendship is the greatest gift'!
You can use a double boiler or you can use a microwave. I used the microwave to melt the chocolate.
I always mix after each interval in the microwave because you don't want to burn the chocolate.
After you are able to get it smooth like this, you're ready to make bark!
Pour the milk chocolate onto a prepared baking sheet.
Smooth it out with an angled spatula.
It will look like this.
Add the pretzels and press them down if needed.
I drizzle some milk chocolate on top.
Now we're ready to melt the dark chocolate.
I used a smaller bowl and microwaved it as well.
Drizzle the dark chocolate on top and then add sprinkles.
With the leftover chocolate, I dipped some pretzels in the milk chocolate and then drizzled the dark chocolate on top!
Refrigerate the bark in the fridge and then when you're ready, cut them into pieces.
I snuck a few taste tests after I cut up the chocolate pretzel bark. It's soooo good! The perfect amount of salty and sweetness.
I brought them to my doctor's office as well as to the physical therapy center I go to, they really enjoyed this chocolate candy gift! And it put a smile on their faces!
I love that journaling gives me some much needed time to myself during the holidays, this is the time I truly enjoy and I really look forward to. It's important to take a break this holiday season, how will you #ChoosePleasure and focus on yourself during this busy time of year?
Chocolate Pretzel Bark Recipe
- Three, 8.87-ounce bags Silky Smooth DOVE PROMISES Milk Chocolate (about 96 pieces)
- About 1/3 of a 16-ounce bag of mini pretzels, about 50 pieces
- 15 piecesSilky Smooth DOVE PROMISES Dark Chocolate, about 1/2 bag
- Your favorite sprinkles
- Prep a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, melt the milk chocolate. Or if you’re using the microwave, make sure it’s at 50% power and heat for 30 seconds at a time, for a told of 60 seconds. After each interval, stir the chocolate with a spoon. Then, microwave for 15 seconds at a time, for a total of 45 seconds, until it’s melted. Be sure to stir after each interval. You may not need the entire time that I needed to, depending on your microwave.
- Spread most of the milk chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet. Using an angled spatula smooth the chocolate out and spread it across the baking mat. Place pretzels on top and press down, if needed. Drizzle some of the remaining milk chocolate with a spoon.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate. Or if you’re using the microwave, make sure it’s at 50% power and heat 15 seconds at a time, for a total of about 60 seconds. Be sure to stir the chocolate after each interval. You may not need the entire time I needed to melt the dark chocolate, it depends on your microwave.
- Drizzle the dark chocolate on top. Add your favorite sprinkles. And place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes. Remove and cut into pieces. Place into goodie bags and tie with kitchen twine for a gift or party favor.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DOVE® Chocolate. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that I work with, it allows me to keep doing what I love; sharing on The Little Kitchen.
Nicole Flynn says
YUM! This is a great recipe, it seems easier than I would have thought too. Thank you so much for sharing it, this is going to made to bring to Grandma’s house this year for Christmas.
I tried pretzel bark for the first time ever last Christmas. It was SO good!
Chocolate and pretzels are a heavenly combination. I can’t wait to bake these for my friends and family (and myself).
Seattle Travel Blogger says
What a coincidence – my sister was just talking about various chocolate and other types of covered pretzels found at her work.
I will have to give this specific one a try.
Ann Bacciaglia says
This recipe is going to be perfect for the Holidays. I have been looking for some delicious treats to make. I will have to get the ingredients I need to make this recipe this week.
Toni | Boulder Locavore says
Oh wow! This is really amazing! A must try for the holiday treats!
Beeb Ashcroft says
Yummy! Dove is my favorite chocolate!
Sheena Tatum says
Wow, I had no idea you could do this with dove chocolate. This looks so good!
Kita Bryant says
Edible gifts are my favorite. They don’t last long but that’s the beauty of it!
This is so beautiful!! You did a great job dressing it with the colors. I’ve never made bark before and I’d love to try it and pretzels aren’t my thing when alone but cover it in chocolate and I’m game! 🙂
What a fun and cute idea! My nieces and nephews will love this chocolate pretzel bark.
Dana Vento says
oh my goodness! Kids will surely love it! It would be perfect on Christmas eve!
Oh my goodness I need this in my belly right now! I love how pretty it turned out as well.
Lisa Favre says
I love making bark for the holidays. Never realized to use pretzels… how brilliant!
Oh wow, thanks for this. This is going to be amazing. I am going to make this this week! I am dying for something sweet and salty and I think this would be just what I need!
Liz Mays says
Oh this is an amazing combo. Pretzels are my favorite snack and l’d love them with some chocolate!
Reesa Lewandowski says
OH how I love Dove chocolate!!!!
Pam Wattenbarger says
I love making pretzel bark during the holidays. This version of it looks delicious.
Catherine Sargent says
This looks so amazing!! I will have to make this for my son, he love chocolate covered pretzels.
Colleen Lanin says
I can’t wait to try this recipe! I love Dove chocolate, and I’ve always been a sucker for chocolate and pretzels. That looks amazing.
Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle says
That sounds so good! I anything with chocolate and pretzels. That’s my favorite combo.
Julie…I want to affix my face to this bark and not remove it. It looks so completely crave-worthy!!!
Carla Aston says
Looks amazing! And easy, which is a big plus for me. Thanks for the recipe. I’ll be trying this one.