Here's another recipe I had fun doing for McCormick®. It's honestly been way tooo long since I have made a cheesecake. Who doesn't love cheesecake right? And don't you just love mini desserts?
I was honestly surprised how much I love the lemon flavor of McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract in these cheesecakes.
I not only used butter in sugar to sweeten the graham cracker crumbs for the cheesecake's crust, I added McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract.
After mixing the cream cheese mixture, fold in the blueberries and then use a cookie scoop to put the batter into the cupcake liners.
For your spring entertaining, I have some great tips for you. I'm all about easy entertaining and I have my friend Sandy to thank for it. Too many years, I overbooked myself, planned way too many dishes and overwhelmed myself. Make it easy on yourself and follow these easy entertaining tips:
- Plan your menu at least a week ahead of time.
- Choose a mix of easy and make-ahead time menu items.
- Put all of the ingredients you'll need for each dish into a grocery list, I love the Grocery IQ app (Curtis and I both have it on our phones and use the same account so our lists are always synced).
- Take stock of your staples: check out your McCormick® extracts and spices and use this time to throw out any expired items and restock. The last thing you want to do is have to run out to the store the day of your event.
- A day or two before your event, pull out the serving dishes and plates for each dish so you're not rushing around the day of.
- I usually use index cards or note on a list what menu item goes into which dish but I wanted to show you above how easily it can be laid out ahead of time.
- And my favorite entertaining tip of all, forget about always having to match your dinnerware, I love using different plates so the table is colorful
- If you don't have a lot of space, consider having a buffet for your event.
- Use splashes of colors in your plates or towels or napkins to make it bright and cheery for Spring.
- If a guest asks what they can bring something to contribute, assign them a non-essential menu item, drink or ask them to bring flowers for the table. Have a contingency plan in case they forget or bring something else
I love that these mini cheesecakes are so easy and quick to make. And the light lemon flavor and the blueberries go together very well. And these of course are going to be a part of our Spring entertaining this year!
Lemon-Blueberry Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- 8 regular sized graham crackers
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 packages, 8 ounces each cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Graham Cracker Crust
- Heat oven to 325°F. Crush graham crackers in a plastic zippered bag and a rolling pin. Pour graham cracker crumbs into a medium-sized mixing bowl and add melted butter. Mix thoroughly, then add sugar vanilla extract and mix again.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin. Using a small spoon, add about two scoops of the graham cracker crumb mixture into each cupcake liner. Using your fingers, smash the crumbs down and along the sides of the cupcake liners. Bake for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool and set aside.
- Add cream cheese and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese & sugar until fluffy and light. Add eggs and vanilla and lemon extracts, beat until thoroughly combined. Add blueberries, using a rubber spatula, fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Using a 3 Tablespoon cookie scoop, spoon cheesecake batter into cupcake liners. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from cupcake tin and allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove from cupcake liners before serving.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by McCormick® and I always share my honest opinions…and would only work with brands that I love.