Easy Monkey Bread with Nutella
This easy monkey bread recipe is super simple because I use store bought frozen yeast rolls and I take it to the next level because they are stuffed with nutella! Yessss, you need to make this nutella-filled monkey bread recipe!
This post is sponsored by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv.
I'm coming at you this week with a fantastic recipe for monkey bread. I absolutely love monkey bread. Each little bit tastes exactly like the center of a cinnamon roll!
And my recipe for monkey bread is so easy — no need for flour or yeast because we're using store bought yeast rolls.
But I did want to see if could improve monkey bread, and make it taste even more delicious! I decided to stuff the inside of the dough with Nutella, or chocolate hazelnut spread.
It was so good! I mean, how could it not be good? It's chocolate, cinnamon, butter, sugar, and cream cheese frosting!
My monkey bread recipe is so oooey, gooey. I hope you have some napkins handy!
What is Monkey Bread?
Traditional Monkey Bread is balls of dough that are rolled in sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. It's baked in the oven in a bundt pan and topped with vanilla or cream cheese frosting. Of course, my monkey bread recipe has a little twist to it because of the Nutella. Yummy!
Once baked, monkey bread is inverted onto a plate or cake stand and is served pull apart style. Everyone tears a little piece off themselves. This is similar to how monkeys eat their food, which is where the name monkey bread comes from.
Monkey Bread Ingredients
This monkey bread recipe is easy to make, and I bet you have most of the ingredients in your pantry or fridge already!
To make money bread you will need the following ingredients: Rhodes Bake N Serve Yeast Dinner Rolls, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, chocolate hazelnut spread, unsalted butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk.
To find exact measurements, scroll on down to the recipe card at the bottom.
How to Make Monkey Bread
My monkey bread recipe is super simple and easy to make! There are just a few key steps, and you will absolutely love the end result! Here's how to make monkey bread:
First, thaw out the Rhodes Bake N Serve Yeast Dinner Rolls at room temperature.
I sprayed a baking sheet with non-stick spray and covered the rolls with plastic wrap. Make sure to spray the plastic wrap, too!
Once the dough is thawed out, move on to the next steps.
Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
In a bowl, combine the granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and cinnamon — and stir together.
Cut the rolls in thirds.
Toss the dough in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Add the dough and mix as you're cutting the pieces of dough into thirds.
Next, take each piece of dough and flatten it out into a small disc-like shape.
Spoon the chocolate hazelnut spread into the center of each disc.
Squeeze the sides together to form a tight seal.
Place the dough ball into the bundt pan.
Continue placing the monkey bread dough balls in the pan until there is one layer.
Pour some butter on top along with a sprinkle of the sugar mixture. Repeat this process two more times.
Place the monkey bread in the oven and bake for 27 to 30 minutes, or until the monkey bread is golden brown on top.
Next, allow the monkey bread to cool for 10-12 minutes.
The monkey bread needs to rest in the pan, so that will settle and can be flipped onto a serving dish.
Place a plate on top of the bundt pan, and carefully flip both the plate and bundt pan over. Remove the bundt pan, and continue to the let the monkey bread cool before topping with the cream cheese frosting.
While the monkey bread continues to cool, make the cream cheese frosting.
Beat the cream cheese and butter together in a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer. Add the the powdered sugar gradually in two batches, being to sure to combine thoroughly. Add vanilla and milk, and stir until the frosting is smooth.
Top the monkey bread with the cream cheese frosting. Serve immediately!
This easy monkey bread recipe is perfect for a fun brunch with your family…I know you will totally love this and they will too!
Easy Monkey Bread with Nutella
- 18 Rhodes Bake N Serve Yeast Dinner Rolls
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup nutella, chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons milk
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place 18 frozen Rhodes Bake N Serve Yeast Dinner Rolls on the baking sheet. Spray a sheet of plastic wrap with the nonstick spray and place over the baking sheet. Defrost the rolls on the counter for 2 hours.
- Spray a bundt pan generously with baking spray. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon to a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix together.
- Cut rolls into three (I used kitchen shears). Toss the cut up dough into the bowl with the sugar mixture. Do this gently to be sure all of the dough is covered in the sugar mixture.
- Take each piece of dough, flatten a little and add a little bit of nutella in the middle (be sure to not flatten the dough too much). Pinch all sides together to make it a closed dough ball.
- Add each dough ball to the prepared bundt pan being sure to put the pinched side up. Pour a Tablespoon of melted butter on the dough balls. Sprinkle some of the sugar mixture on top of the dough balls and poured butter.
- Repeat creating two more layers of dough balls in the bundt pan, or until you're finished.
- The top layer of dough balls, place them in the pan with the pinched side down. Pour the remaining butter on top and sprinkle some more sugar mixture on top.
- Bake the monkey bread for 27 to 30 minutes, until the monkey bread is golden brown on top. Allow the monkey bread to sit in the pan for 10 to 12 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Place a plate on top of the bundt pan and flip over to put the monkey bread on the plate. Allow the monkey bread to cool at least 20 to 30 minutes before pouring the frosting on top.
- Make the cream cheese frosting by creaming the cream cheese and the butter together in a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer. Add powdered sugar in two batches. Mix thoroughly. Add vanilla extract and milk and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle the frosting on top and serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Pin It for Later
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. I only work with brands that I love and always share with you my personal opinions.