Thanks to everyone who entered in this giveaway! Congratulations to Linda, the winner!
I'm a huge America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Illustrated fan! I love the shows and own several of their cookbooks. AND I love my slow cooker. We have been doing a lot of slow cooker dinners for Sunday dinners, it's nice because we find Sundays to be our day to get a lot of things done. Putting something in a slow cooker in the morning allows us get more done on Sundays.
When I was offered the chance to review Slow Cooker Revolution before it was released, I was so excited. I have already tried a couple of recipes, including Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs. It was amazing! It's definitely in my list of favorites. This book is definitely not your run of the mill throw it all together and forget it slow cooker recipe books. Some of the recipes recommend browning of the meat or the use of a microwave before putting everything into the slow cooker. This lends to a layering of flavors that you would not get if you just threw it all into the slow cooker. But having said that, not all recipes in this cookbook requires you to take out a skillet or use the microwave before getting the slow cooker out.
America's Test Kitchen was hard at work for a year trying 1,200 recipes and came up with over 200 foolproof recipes in Slow Cooker Revolution including desserts.
Buy It: On Amazon.com for $16.17 (which is 40% off of the cover price).
Win It Here! I’m happy to host a giveaway of one copy of Slow Cooker Revolution. The cookbook will ship directly from America's Test Kitchen.
Mandatory Entry: Tell me what your favorite slow cooker recipe is (include a link if you have one). (1 entry)
The mandatory entry must be done otherwise the bonus entries will not count.
Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry, if the entry type is worth 2, leave two comments such as like TLK on fb #1, follow TLK on fb #2, etc. If you’re already a fan or follower, just say so in your comment):
- ‘Like’ the little kitchen on facebook and leave your name in your comment. You can leave first name and last initial if you don’t want to leave your full name. You can also use the Like button in the right sidebar to like TLK on facebook without leaving this site. (2 entries)
- Subscribe to this blog via email. Be sure to fill in the email address you’re subscribing with and verify the subscription. (3 entries)
- Follow America's Test Kitchen on twitter and leave your twitter handle in your comment. (1 entry)
- ‘Like’ America's Test Kitchen on facebook and leave your name in your comment below. You can leave first name and last initial if you don’t want to leave your full name. (1 entry)
- ‘Like’ this giveaway via facebook. Use the like button at the top or bottom of this post. Leave a comment here saying so. (1 entry)
- Subscribe to this blog via RSS reader. (1 entry)
- Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave your twitter handle & a link to your tweet (How to get the URL of a tweet). (1 entry per day)
‘I just entered in a Slow Cooker Revolution cookbook #Giveaway fr @TestKitchen & @thelittlekitchn http://bit.ly/evHp5L #ATKSlowCooker’
- For those who don't have a twitter account or anyone else, leave a comment on any non-giveaway post and leave a comment here saying so. (1 entry per day)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Leave a separate comment on this post for EACH entry, if you leave only one comment listing multiple entry types, you will only receive one entry. This makes it much easier for me and to make it so that all of your entries count. All entries will be checked and verified. You must enter a valid email address (so I have a way of contacting you), otherwise you forfeit the prize and another winner will be chosen. You have until 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 to enter. A random winner will be chosen via ‘And the winner is’ plugin.
Disclosure: I received a copy of America's Test Kitchen's Slow Cooker Revolution cookbook for the purpose of reviewing it. I was not compensated for this post. The opinions are my own. America's Test Kitchen is providing the giveaway copy as well. Some links are affiliate links.