I was catching up on The Pioneer Woman on the Food Network the other day and she shared this amazing recipe for roasted red pepper pasta. I filed it away and knew I wanted to make it soon. Today, we're celebrating Bev…she's pregnant with twins. I'm so excited for her! I met Bev a few years ago and we got to hang out…
Everyone who knows Bev would describe her as hilarious…beyond hilarious…you should check out her instagrams. She is the cutest. cutest. cutest. pregnant with twins person I have ever known. She doesn't even look like she's pregnant except for the bowling ball she's carrying around. Seriously…I don't think I could be half as cute as her if I ever get pregnant! And who calls herself knocked up when she's pregnant and married? Bev, that's who. I'm trying to see if she will let me move into her nursery. It's the cutest thing ever…I know she's going be such a great mother! 🙂 One more thing…I just die. Hilarious.
When Aggie and Lisa I chatted about doing something to help Bev feel special…to shower her online, I wanted to make an appetizer. Because I'm obsessed with quick & easy appetizers. But then I realized I should make this pasta dish to help celebrate because I know she loves Ree as much as I do! I changed it a tad bit by adding goat cheese near the end instead of heavy cream. I honestly don't know why it's taken me so long to try a roasted red pepper sauce with pasta. I love fried roasted red peppers and roasted red pepper salsa so why not with pasta. It's so good!
Cook the onions and garlic in butter and then add the roasted red peppers.
Puree it in a food processor or blender (that you know can process hot foods) and then return it to the skillet.
After adding more butter, the vegetable broth, salt and pepper, add the goat cheese and stir.
Bacon Cotija Guacamole from Gaby of What’s Gaby Cooking
Gruyère Gougères from Shaina of Food for My Family
Lemon Risotto Tarts from Kelly of Live Love Pasta
Goat Cheese Crostini with Pesto and Roasted Red Peppers from Liz of The Lemon Bowl
Spinach and Feta Quinoa Bites from Aggie of Aggie's Kitchen
Roasted Red Grape, Brie and Rosemary Flatbread from Laurie of Simply Scratch
The Fastest Appetizer Ever from Brooke of Cheeky Kitchen
Apple Pear Tart – Two Ways from Sarah of Daisy at Home
Chocolate Chai Frappe from Brandy of Nutmeg Nanny
Cherry Chocolate Kiss Smoothie from Amy of Very Culinary
Cranberry Sorbet Bellini – Non-Alcoholic and Alcoholic from Megan of Country Cleaver
Peppermint Mocha Affogato from Christina of Dessert for Two
Toasted Marshmallow Cream Hot Chocolate from Jessica of How Sweet It Is
Pomegranate Lemonade Punch from Heather of Heather Christo
Kale Salad with Pomegranate, Orange and Pine Nuts from Rachel of Rachel Cooks
Pear Cranberry Arugula Salad from Tracy of Shutterbean
Brussels Sprout Salad + maple roasted cranberry dressing from Katie of Yes, I Want Cake
Gluten-Free Pasta Salad from Lisa of With Style and Grace
Hearty Roasted Winter Vegetable Salad with Honey Ginger Dressing from Heather of Heather's Dish
Winter Citrus Salad from Catherine of Weelicious
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Chicken Sausage Pasta from Heidi of FoodieCrush
Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna from Joanne of Fifteen Spatulas
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada ‘Double' Stacks from Lauren of Climbing Grier Mountain
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup from Kevin of Closet Cooking
Thai Spiced Chicken with Coconut Cream Swiss Chard from Brandi of Bran Apetit
Sausage and Red Pepper Quiche from Tasty Kitchen
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Goat Cheese from Julie of The Little Kitchen
Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies from Averie of Averie Cooks
Glazed Dulce de Leche Pound Cake from Meagan of Scarletta Bakes
Mississippi Mud Pie Brownie Ice Cream from Megan of Take a Megabite
Buttermint Frosted Sugar Cookie Cups from Shelly of Cookie and Cups
4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies from Ali of Gimme Some Oven
Sweet Potato Creme Brulee from Brian of A Thought for Food
Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Mint Cookies from Aimée of Simple Bites
Mini Chocolate Stout Cheesecake with Salted Beer Caramel Sauce from Jackie of The Beeroness
Red Velvet Hi Hat Cookies from Kristan of Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Double Chocolate Panini from Kathy of Panini Happy
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Goat Cheese Recipe
- 16 ounces penne or rigatoni pasta
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 jar 16 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Parmesan cheese shaved for serving
- parsley finely chopped
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- As the water is boiling, add 4 Tablespoons of butter to a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or just about to soften. Add red peppers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, just until heated through.
- Being careful, pour the red pepper mixture into a heat-safe food process or blender. Pulse until the mixture is pureed, there might be some chunks or texture to the peppers. Pour the puree into the skillet and add one Tablespoon of butter. Cook until butter is melted on medium heat. Add the vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Mix and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the goat cheese and mix until it's thoroughly combined.
- Drain pasta and pour into the skillet. Add Parmesan and parsley, mix until all of the pasta is coated with the red pepper puree. Serve with shaved Parmesan and additional parsley on top.