Zojirushi Rice Cooker Giveaway (Closed)
Am I allowed to say this isn't your mama's rice cooker? It's certainly not my Mom's rice cooker. Growing up, from the time I can remember we always had a rice cooker and the brand was Zojirushi. It was dependable and easy to use but it did not have the bells and whistles and features of the one pictured above.
I recall my Mom calling home before leaving work every night and asking one of us to make a pot of rice. Our question back would always be, how many cups? We used our Zojirushi rice cooker almost every day. In our Vietnamese-American household, Jasmine rice was a staple.
So I was really excited when I had the opportunity to review AND giveaway a Zojirushi rice cooker. I say this isn't your mama's rice cooker because it has tons of options and you can make way more than just Jasmine rice. You can make sweet sticky rice, sushi rice, basmati rice, risotto and much, much more.
This rice cooker boasts a dome shaped bowl which means no more eyeballing the water level for me. I use the easy to read guide depending on what type of rice I'm making.
Features of the Micom 5.5 Rice Cooker & Warmer include:
- Multiple settings for different types of rice
- A warmer setting to keep your rice and foods warm
- Slow cook setting make soups and other recipes
- A sound alert (song) to let you know the rice is done
- The disc in the lid is removable, making it easy to clean (if you have ever owned a rice cooker before, I know you'll appreciate this!)
- A domed bowl that allows for even heating and has markings for easy measuring
How to make Jasmine rice in a rice cooker:
- Using the measuring cup that came with the rice cooker, I measure out the rice. Usually about 3 cups of rice.
- Rinse the rice with warm water and drain several times. The water will become less cloudy with each rinse.
- Add enough warm water to the rice bowl at the appropriate level. I like to add it at a little bit below the level. For Jasmine rice, under the mixed section for 3 cups if using 3 cups of uncooked rice.
- Place the bowl inside the rice cooker and close the lid.
- Using the menu button, select the Mixed mode. And then press the Start button.
Perfectly cooked rice…when you hit the Start button, it plays Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and when cooking is complete, it plays it again! Such a nice little touch the Zojirushi company has added to what I call the Cadillac of rice cookers.
I was giddy when the box arrived and still am giddy about it. Is it okay to get get giddy over a kitchen appliance? No one that knows me should be surprised. By the way, please don't tell anyone that I hugged my new rice cooker several times since I have received it. I'm so excited to share with one of the readers of the little kitchen…the same rice cooker!
Buy the Zojirushi Micom 5.5 Cup Rice Cooker & Warmer on Amazon at 14% off.
One entry will be chosen at random (from all valid entries) to win a Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer.
Leave a comment telling me why you want or need a rice cooker. (And perhaps answer these questions. What would you make with it? Have you ever owned a rice cooker before?) (1 entry)
The mandatory entry must be done otherwise the bonus entries will not count.
- ‘Like’ The Little Kitchen on facebook and leave your first name & last initial in a comment below. (1 entry)
- Subscribe to this blog via email and verify the subscription, the email address you leave in the email field must match the email address you subscribed with. (2 entries)
- Follow The Little Kitchen on twitter and leave your twitter handle. (1 entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway w/ link and leave a link to your tweet. Use the sample tweet below or the tweet button at the bottom of this post.
I just entered for a chance to win a Zojirushi rice cooker from @TheLittleKitchn http://bit.ly/qgN9ny #giveaway
(1 entry OR tweeps who follow me on twitter can also tweet ONCE per day for extra entries and must be as least 4 hours apart)
- Click the ‘Like' button at the bottom of this giveaway post. Comment here with your first name and last initial. (1 entry)
- This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (I’m very sorry to my international readers).
- Leave a separate comment on this post for EACH entry to make all of your entries count. (If you already like on fb or subscribe via email, just leave a comment saying so.)
- At the conclusion of the giveaway, the entry drawn as well as the mandatory entry will be checked and verified. If your entry cannot be verified at that time, it will not count.
- You have until 11:59pm EST on Sunday, October 2, 2011 to enter.
One random winner will be chosen via And the Winner is plugin (or random.org if the plugin malfunctions) from all comments submitted in this post. Once the winner is chosen, the winner will be contacted via email and if winner does not respond within 24 hours, winner forfeits prize and another winner will be chosen at random.
Some other notes on entering giveaways on The Little Kitchen:
* How to get the URL of your tweets
Disclosure: I received the same rice cooker the winner will receive for the purpose of review. I only share about brands I love and you'll always get my honest opinions. This post does contain an affiliate link.