Yogurt Parfait Chocolate Chip Granola Cups
A little while back Princess Cruises invited us on an Alaskan Cruise. What an experience it was. I remember the first excursion I went on, I kept commenting to our tour guide that everything looked like a postcard. It was an amazing experience…not only the scenery but the food we enjoyed.
One of the excursions we did was the White Pass Scenic Railway in Skagway. See the views?
We opted for the luxury class car and it was worth it! <3 Super comfy and we were served drinks…
Loved this root beer I had! (I'm obsessed with root beer by the way…)
And these yogurt parfait granola cups…the inspiration for the recipe I'm sharing today!
And more views…it was completely and entirely epic.
Here's a view of the luxury class car…that's Curtis on the right in the back.
Getting ready to make the granola cups. The original ones didn't have chocolate chips but I wanted to add more sweetness and chocolate to them.
When measuring honey or other syrupy wet ingredients, I always spray my measuring cup with nonstick baking spray.
Whisk those wet ingredients together.
Add all of the dry ingredients together…
And mix thoroughly. I always do this to ensure everything is as evenly distributed as possible.
Then, add those wet ingredients.
I sprayed the back of my spoon and used it to mold the granola into cups.
All done! Now time to bake.
This is what they look like after they bake. I used a regular-sized muffin tin.
This is such a creative way to serve yogurt for your next brunch with family and friends…you can even make them and store them in the fridge for breakfast throughout the week. The fruit as well as the lavender honey make it even more special.
Don't forget to check out my five tips for cruising!
Yield: 14 to 16 granola cups
Yogurt Parfait Chocolate Chip Granola Cups Recipe
- nonstick baking spray
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup salted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- Greek yogurt, any flavor, I used strawberry banana
- strawberries or your favorite fruit
- mint leaves
- lavender honey
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick baking spray.
- Add egg, softened butter, yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and salt to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk the ingredients thoroughly to combine them.
- Add coconut, almonds, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips and oats to another mixing bowl. Mix together first and then add and fold together with the wet ingredients with a rubber spatula.
- Divide evenly between the muffin cups (about 2 to 3 tablespoons for each cup). Spray a large spoon with the nonstick baking spray and shape the granola into cups using the back of the spoon.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 34 to 37 minutes, until they are golden brown. Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack. Once they are completely cool. Cover the muffin tin with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (you can refrigerate these overnight).
- Once ready to serve, carefully remove granola cups from muffin tin and place in individual bowls or on a serving platter. Add 1/3 cup Greek yogurt to each cup, top with fruit, a mint leaf and drizzle with lavender or plain honey. Serve immediately.
Inspired by a yogurt parfait granola cups I had on during an excursion on my Princess Alaskan Cruise
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Princess Cruises. I only share with you brands that I love and share with you my own opinions.