Cooking a slow cooker turkey breast in a Crockpot is super simple to prep and to do! If you don't want to cook a whole turkey, crockpot turkey breast is the solution for the holidays or a Sunday dinner!
There are affiliate links in this post. I get commissions for purchases made through these types of links in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It's really easy and it's perfect for Thanksgiving or any holiday!
Spices for Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Vegetables
- ground black pepper
- ground white pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried thyme
I have a quick video for you to watch in this post and I know you'll find it really helpful!
How to Make Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
I mix all of the rub ingredients together first and then smash and peel the garlic. Cut up the vegetables and add them to the slow cooker. Pour the chicken broth on top.
Quarter the lemon.
Pat the turkey breast dry.
Rub the garlic all over the turkey breast.
Add the rub to the turkey.
And then I add the lemon to the opening in the turkey breast. I always use lemon when roasting a turkey or chicken. It keeps keep the meat moist and tender.
Put the turkey breast in the slow cooker on top of the veggies and chicken broth.
Cook on low for 3.5 to 5 hours. Remove the turkey breast from the slow cooker and place in a baking dish and broil for a few minutes to crisp up the skin.
I use the broth from the slow cooker to make a gravy in a skillet. I know you'll love this!
It's a no fuss way of making a turkey breast in the slow cooker and makes it easy for your holiday get together!
My favorite kitchen tools for this slow cooker turkey breast:
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, ends cut off, cut into thirds
- 2 celery stalks, ends cut off, cut into thirds
- one 15-ounce can low sodium chicken broth
- 4 to 5 pound turkey breast, with the bone-in
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and broth to the crockpot. Turn on low.
- Mix all of the rub ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pat the turkey breast dry with paper towels. Rub smashed garlic on the skin. Add spice rub to turkey. Leftover spices put on top of vegetables.
- Add garlic and lemon to the inner cavity of the breast. Place the breast on top of the veggies.
- Cook on low for 3 1/2 to 5 hours, depending on the size of the breast. It should have an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees F.
- Remove the turkey breast using turkey lifters and place in a roasting pan or baking dish. Place in the oven on the broil setting to crisp up the skin, for about 3 to 4 minutes, watching carefully so it won’t burn.
Make the Gravy
- Strain the broth from the slow cooker (mine made about 1 1/3 cups)
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter to a sauce pan and melt. Add flour and mix well, allowing the flour to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Slowly add the strained broth and mix, until desired consistency. Allow to simmer and thicken. Add water if needed to thin out the gravy (about 2 to 3 tablespoons).
- Add dried thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the turkey breast.
More recipes for you to check out!
Crockpot Whole Chicken
Cook a whole turkey in a slow cooker: Crockpot Turkey
Roast Turkey with Wine and Herbs
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Gravy
Use your leftovers to make this Turkey Tetrazzini or Turkey Stuffed Peppers