This post is a part of a yearlong partnership with The National Shrimp Council.
Let's be honest, I'm always excited to share recipes with you. When I develop a recipe and it turns out amazing, I'm so energized and thrilled and then get so out of control excited to share it with you, it's kind of annoying.
The second time I made this recipe and it came together, I was jumping up and down. This dish combines three of my major loves: shrimp, gnocchi and Alfredo sauce. And it's easy to make.
Don't forget to check out my other recipes that include shrimp including these Spicy Shrimp Spring Rolls and this Red Pepper and Garlic Shrimp Pasta!
Prep your ingredients…it makes your life much easier when you go to cook everything.
Let's look at the gnocchi!
I'm a huge fan of DeLallo products…including this mini potato gnocchi!
Add salt and pepper to season the shrimp after patting it dry.
Add butter to a skillet.
The mushrooms and a couple splashes of soy sauce. (My favorite way of sauteeing mushrooms, btw!)
After the mushrooms are cooked, remove them and clean the pan.
After the mushrooms are cooked, now's the time to add the gnocchi to the pot of boiling water.
Add more butter and cook the shrimp and garlic…looks sooo good!! Cook for just a couple of minutes and then remove from the skillet.
Add the remaining butter…
and half of the green onions.
Then, add heavy cream. Cook for a couple of minutes to reduce the cream.
When the gnocchi is cooked, drain the water and set aside.
Add it along with the zucchini to the skillet…
Look how creamy it looks!
Add the shrimp and mushrooms and mix well.
It's a light Alfredo sauce and with the shrimp and using gnocchi…this dish is the perfect weeknight meal. It takes only 30 minutes to make!
We will be making this recipe over and over again, you can count on it!
or more great recipes, be sure to visit the Eat Shrimp facebook page!
Shrimp Alfredo Gnocchi Recipe
- 4 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- soy sauce
- 3/4 pound shrimp, if frozen
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound package of DeLallo Mini Potato Gnocchi
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Bring a pot of water (with a generous amount of salt) to a boil.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of butter to a skillet and turn the heat to medium high. Melt the butter and add sliced mushrooms and a couple splashes of soy sauce. Cook the mushrooms for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until the liquid is cooked away and the mushrooms are cooked and browned. Remove the cooked mushrooms and set aside. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel (if using stainless steel cookware, rinse with warm water being careful as you do it and then wipe dry).
- Add the gnocchi to the pot of boiling water and set a timer (use the directions on the package) to ensure you don't overcook the gnoochi.
- Prep the shrimp, pat dry with paper towels and season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of butter to the skillet and turn the heat to medium. Melt the butter and add the seasoned shrimp and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, be sure to flip the shrimp too. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter and half of the green onions. Add heavy cream and cook for 2 minutes. Add cheese and the diced zucchini. Cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and add gnocchi and mix thoroughly. Add back the shrimp and the mushrooms. Mix again and serve with additional Parmesan cheese and green onions on top.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The National Shrimp Council. DeLallo did provide product for the purpose of this post. I always share with you my own opinions and only work with brands that I love. Thank you for supporting the brands that I work with so I can continue to share with you recipes like these!
What a delicious dinner! My children would love if I made this!
Krissy Higgins says
I have actually never made gnocchi but this looks delicious especially with 2 of my favorites (shrimp and alfredo).
Will definitely try it sometime soon!
I think I had gnocci before and it was amazing! Now you are making it into a shrimp alfredo??! I am pinning this!
Kelly @ A Girl Worth Saving says
Dang this looks delicious! I would never have thought to combine Shrimp with Gnocchi!
Reesa Lewandowski says
I LOVE Gnocchi! I have no idea why i Don’t cook it more often!
Kelly Stilwell says
I love shrimp and gnocchi! Can’t wait to try this one!
This looks SO good. I love gnocchi, but I’m not the biggest shrimp fan. My husband would LOVE this though he is the shrimp man!
Toni | Boulder Locavore says
This looks really good! I love shrimp alfredo and I cant wait to try it with gnocchi!
Our Family World says
After seeing those yummy photos , I started to crave for this. Looks so delicious and I love everything about shrimp. Thanks for sharing the recipe another list to add.
Shrimp, gnocchi and Alfredo sauce are 3 of my loves too. This sounds like a recipe that would be a hit in my family!
I love gnocchi! It’s don’t think I have ever had or made a shrimp alfredo gnocchi before, though.
This is brilliant. I love gnocchi, and I love shrimp, in all my years I have never seen them together. Thank-you!!
Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place says
My husband loves shrimp and is always begging me to make it. He will be thrilled when i whip this up for him this week! It looks delicious!
Janell Poulette says
I love shrimp so much, and any new recipe i can try using it, i will! This recipe looks a lot easier than i thought it would.
This is prefect for the boat load of people I have visiting for the holidays! Now if only my attempt can come out like your perfection!
Catherine Sargent says
This looks amazing. I have never had gnocchi!, but I would like to try it. Thanks forsharing the recipe.
Colleen Lanin says
I really can’t wait to try this recipe. I make shrimp Alfredo all the time, but I’ve never tried it with anything other than the classic noodle.
Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle says
I love this recipe! I can’t wait to try this take on classic alfredo!
Kita Bryant says
This is one of the best recipes using gnocchi I’ve ever seen. Love it!
Denise C says
We really don’t make gnocchi for dinner often enough. That looks so very delicious.
Great ! Makes me hungry immediately ! Thank you and have a nice day !