I sometimes wish I lived near some of my food blogger friends, it would make it so much easier wouldn't it? All of the wonderful food I see on some of my favorite blogs all in one place? I wish we could but since we couldn't, we came together to do a virtual potluck. I'm sharing a huge family favorite, a potato casserole. It's a really easy casserole to make. You really cannot get easier than this cheesy potato casserole.
We have it at Thanksgiving every year and even at Christmas. I like to eat it with scrambled eggs for breakfast too! A co-worker shared the recipe with some years back, 6 years ago? I would love to give credit where credit is due so if you recognize it, let me know!
Mix together the sour cream, shredded cheese, cream of celery soup and salt & pepper first then add potatoes and mix well. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Spread evenly in a 9×13 metal or glass dish. Cover the casserole with crushed corn flakes and melted butter. You won't regret this dish.
I mean it, you won't. So tell me…what's your favorite brunch recipe?
- 16 ounces sour cream
- ¼ cup very small diced onions
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 10.75-ounce cans cream of celery soup
- 2 pounds frozen hash brown potatoes I like the shredded, country style from Ore-Ida
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups crumbled corn flakes cereal
- ½ stick butter melted
- softened butter to grease the pan with
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 glass casserole dish with softened butter.
- Mix together sour cream, onion, soup and cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add potatoes and mix well. Season with salt & pepper and mix again.
- Using a spatula, transfer the casserole mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Top with corn flake crumbs. Add melted butter over corn flakes. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Feel free to use homemade cream of celery soup if you have it available.
- Leftovers of this casserole taste great!
Also, hop on over and see what my friends would bring if we were able to attend a real brunch together!
Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle with Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce – Sommer from A Spicy Perspective
Almond Brickle Coffee Cake – Kathy from Cooking On the Side
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream – Cheryl from TidyMom
Party Favor/Hostess Gift
Dark Chocolate Bark with Ginger, Pumpkin Seeds and Apricots – Sylvie from Gourmande in the Kitchen