Peanut Butter Mousse with Chocolate Cookie Crumble
I have a very special recipe to share with you today…it's from my dear friend Glory's new cookbook entitled Glorious Layered Desserts (note, you can buy directly from her or on Amazon. It's filled with wonderful layered desserts…from this peanut butter mousse with chocolate cookie crumble that I made to her chocolate coconut layered pudding and nutella and banana trifle!
PS If you don't already know about Glory's site, Glorious Treats, you need to stop over there…she shares breathtaking desserts and wonderful treats such as Lemon Cream Puffs with Fresh Fruit, Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes and this stunning Pink Ombre Swirl Cake.
I cannot say enough about this book, I highly recommend it!
I have known Glory for several years and I'm lucky to be able to call her a great friend. She's very sweet and kind and has a huge heart…she sent me these wonderful treats for my birthday this year. I first met her on a brand press trip to Wilton and since then we have been friends. A couple of years ago, I mentioned to her that I was going to be the area (well, kind of) near where she lives and would love to meet up. I took a train to San Francisco and she drove 3 hours to meet me and take me ALL over San Francisco and showed me her favorite spots. It was so thoughtful of her to spend the day with me and drive all that way…we had a blast! (That photo is a picture of use in SF in February 2012.)
When she told me last year that she was writing a cookbook, I jumped for joy! 🙂 I was so excited…some months back, Glory gave me a preview of her cookbook and I was so thrilled for her and so proud of her.
So when I was flipping through it and trying to figure out what to make and share with you all, it was a hard decision…I settled on peanut butter and chocolate. You cannot go wrong. I'm seriously obsessed with this recipe…the peanut butter mousse is absolutely divine. I had to stop myself from eating all of it!
Peanut Butter Mousse with Chocolate Cookie Crumble Recipe
Yield: 6-7 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Chocolate and peanut butter is a match made in heaven--this simple dessert celebrates these two rich and delicious flavors!
Chocolate Cookie Crumble
- 17 chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
Peanut Butter Mousse
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup, plus 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces (1/2 block) cream cheese
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 2 Tablespoons milk (any fat content)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Mini peanut butter cup candies
Chocolate Cookie Crumble
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a rolling pin to crush cookies (cookie and cream) in a large plastic (ziplock type) bag. Or, if desired, chop the cookies in a food processor. Using a food processor will produce finer crumbs. It’s up to you how small you want the crumbs or if you want to leave a few pieces a bit larger.
- Place cookie crumbs in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a small bowl, in the microwave.
- Pour melted butter over cookie crumbs and stir until crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Spread crumbs onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Store crumble in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
Peanut Butter Mousse
- In the bowl of an eclectic mixer, beat heavy cream until it begins to thicken. Add ¼ cup powdered sugar, while mixing, and continue to beat until cream is thick and holds a stiff peak. Scoop whipped cream into a bowl, and put in the refrigerator.
- In your empty mixing bowl (no need to wash), add cream cheese and blend until smooth. Add peanut butter and blend until fully incorporated. Slowly add remaining 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar. Add milk and vanilla. Beat until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Fold in whipped cream, using a spatula.
- Divide mixture into serving dishes, or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Note- If you do not have natural peanut butter, you will likely need to reduce the amount of added sugar.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons crumble to the bottom of your dishes. Spoon or pipe a layer of the Peanut Butter Mousse. Repeat layers of crumble and mousse, as desired. Top with a small amount of crumble, and a mini peanut butter cup. Refrigerate desserts at least 15 minutes. The dessert can be made ahead up to 4 hours. Add final crumble topping just before serving (if storing more than 15 minutes).
from Glorious Layered Desserts by Glory Albin, 2014
Have you tried this recipe?
Be sure to stop by…I am personally giving away Glory's cookbook…to enter to win.
Disclosure: Glory's a dear friend and she sent me a signed copy of her cookbook with no obligation on my part to post about it. I shared it with you because I truly love it. There are affiliate links in this post.