Peanut Butter Cookie Cups with Dark Chocolate Ganache
This post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.
First off, I just want to say how happy I am to share with you another recipe I developed in partnership with Land O'Lakes. I love working with them year after year!
I love it when a plan comes together. These little peanut butter cookie cups were a request from Curtis a long time ago. I don't remember when but he drew a diagram of these cookie cups.
That he had as a kid and asked me a while back to try to replicate them. The diagram complete with a drawing of the frosting shows the cookie cup is concave. I thought there's no way I could replicate the concaveness of the cookie cup he had as a kid!
And look! I did it! And then, I got all next level by making a dark chocolate ganache with butter! This has been on my list to try for a long time and I'm so glad I did! It's so good!
First, start with Land O Lakes® Butter. I melt the butter in this recipe so the cookie cup is similar to a cookie but also similar to a blondie or brownie. It's lovely!
First mix the brown sugar and the egg together with an electric hand mixer.
It will look this when you're done.
Then, take the melted butter and
add it to the batter.
Mix thoroughly with the electric hand mixer.
Then, add the peanut butter.
And mix again with the hand mixer. You want to make sure the peanut butter is evenly distributed through the batter.
Then, add the flour in batches.
And fold in with a rubber spatula.
Spray a regular sized 12-cup muffin tin (I used two of them) with nonstick baking spray.
Scoop using a medium cookie scoop into the muffin tin. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees F.
While the cookie cups are baking, melt butter on a small saucepan on the stove on low heat.
Prep your chocolate by chopping it up and placing into a stainless steel mixing bowl.
Watch the butter carefully, once it's melted, turn the heat up to medium. You don't want to brown the butter. Once it starts bubbling, let it continue bubbling for about 30 seconds to a minute.
Remove the butter from heat and pour into your bowl of chocolate. Don't touch the chocolate. Let it sit for at five minutes.
Then, using a rubber spatula, mix the chocolate and butter together.
It will take a few minutes, you want to make sure you mix out all of the chocolate pieces and make sure they get melted.
Allow the chocolate to sit for at least 45 minutes to set.
And then you can pipe the dark chocolate ganache into the cookie cups!
I'm so excited about how these came out and so happy that these made Curtis so happy! He took some to work to share with co-workers and I got their seal of approval.
You'll have to make them for your friends and family and wait for the smiles to show up on their faces!
For more holiday baking inspiration, check out these new recipes from Land O'Lakes!
Peanut Butter Cookie Cups with Dark Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Sticks (1 cup) Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 Stick (1/2 cup) Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- Prepare two twelve-cup muffin tins by spraying with nonstick baking spray. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda to a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Add brown sugar and egg to another bowl and using an electric hand mixer, cream the sugar and egg together. Add vanilla extract and continue mixing. Carefully add the melted Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter to the bowl and mix again with the hand mixer. Add peanut butter and throughly combine with the hand mixer.
- In two batches, add the flour mixture and combine with a rubber spatula, taking care to not over mix. Scoop cookie dough into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 13 to 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a couple of cookie cups comes out with crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and place the muffin tins on a cooling rack. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before removing.
- Place chopped dark chocolate in a stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Add butter to a saucepan. Turn the heat to low and allow the butter to melt. Once it’s melted, turn the heat to medium. Once the butter starts bubbling, allow it to bubble for about a minute (taking care so the butter does not brown). Pour the butter mixture over the chocolate in the bowl.
- Allow the chocolate to sit for 5 minutes, without stirring. After waiting, stir with a rubber spatula until it’s thoroughly mixed together and all of the chocolate has melted. Allow it to cool completely and set, about 45 minutes.
- Then, you’re ready to pipe it. Add to a frosting bag and using a 1M tip, pipe a swirl on each cookie cup.
from The Little Kitchen
Disclosure: The Little Kitchen has partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Land O Lakes® Butter . This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.