Ever since I made these cookies (well I should say when I got them right because it took several tries), I have been excited to share them with you! Nutella, cream cheese, chocolate and powdered sugar…you cannot go wrong! They are a twist on these red velvet cream cheese crinkle cookies I made last year! And our friends at Charley's vet surgeon's office loved them too. So they are vet approved for humans (only of course!).
From the bottom of my heart, I'm so thankful for the 566 food bloggers who signed up for the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap…which mean over 20,000 cookies were shipped worldwide. With their help along with the generous brand partners this year: OXO, Dixie Crystals, and California Olive Ranch and Brownie Brittle, we were able to raise $12,335 for Cookies for Kids' Cancer!! What an accomplishment, we couldn't have done it without everyone. If you're a food blogger and would like to participate next year, please sign up for notifications.
And the cookies I received…umm amazing! I received Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles from Jennifer from Bake or Break, Chocolate Truffle Peppermint Crunch Cookies from Elizabeth from Sugar Hero and Soft Gingerbread Cookies from from Elizabeth from Food Ramblings.
First things first, when I make cookies, I usually measure out the dry ingredients (minus the sugar). Here's how to measure flour.
Whisk it all together and then set aside.
Mix the cream cheese and butter together and then add the sugar and mix it really good.
Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix again.
This is how I measure nutella (and peanut butter).
Goes right into the mixer. (PS and by the way, I can't live without my KitchenAid stand mixer, right about now it's been in overdrive with cookies and baking for the holiday season!)
And transforms the cookie dough! Be sure to scrap the sides of your stand mixer bowl.
Add the dry ingredients in two batches.
And mix on a low speed.
Who wants to lick the beater?
And there's the cookie dough. Chill it covered in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
Then, using a medium (1 1/2 Tablespoon) cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough balls, round them up in your hands then dip them in powdered sugar (until completely covered).
You get powdered sugar everywhere but it's worth it.
Yep, these are delightfully chewy on the inside and perfect on the outside. Enjoy them!
Nutella Cream Cheese Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella, chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Place flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Mix butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer. Add sugar to the bowl. Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars together for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix for another minute. Add nutella and beat for another minute. Add flour mixture in two batches and mix with rubber spatula until incorporated. Refrigerate cookie dough for 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Using a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop, portion out dough and roll into balls. Roll in powdered sugar until it's completely covered. Bake on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper for about 13 to 14 minutes. Pull parchment paper from baking sheet with cookies and place on wire cooling racks. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
And stay tuned until next week, Lindsay and I will be sharing round ups of ALL of the cookies that were shipped worldwide. I can't wait!
Disclosure: We do not get paid by the sponsors of the cookie swap, all of the money raised goes directly to Cookies for Kids' Cancer. The links in this post contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. Thanks for your support!