Congratulation to Lisa! You'll love the pasta and the pasta/steamer set, I know it!
I have been a big fan of Mueller's Pasta for a long time. We like several brands in our house actually but Mueller's sticks out in my mind because they are such a great support of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
A few months ago, they released a brand new product – 100% whole grain pasta. It comes in four varieties: penne, elbow macaroni, spaghetti and angel hair. I have tried both the spaghetti and the elbow macaroni.
I have to be completely honest with you, it does taste a little different than regular pasta and it's taken my husband a little getting used to. One thing I have found is that you need to follow the directions on the box specifically. Often, when cooking pasta, I always set the timer 1-3 minutes less than what the box calls for. I did that once with the 100% whole grain spaghetti and I ended up undercooking it.
I can tell the difference only slightly but my husband does notice a bigger difference but I'll keep working on my husband. We have been talking about incorporating some healthier eating habits and more exercise into our life and I think this is a great way to do it. I'll continue to purchase both whole grain pasta and regular pasta products from Mueller's.
Not only will I continue to try to switch to their whole grain pasta for certain dishes, I am seeking out recipes that call for whole grain pasta. Here's one from my friend Aggie that I have been dying to try: Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Chickpeas and Spinach!
And now for the giveaway, Mueller's Pasta has been gracious enough to offer one of The Little Kitchen's readers with sampling of their 100% whole grain pasta but also a pasta/steamer set to prepare their pasta in!
One winner chosen at random to receive 4 packages of Mueller's 100% Whole Grain Pasta and a Cuisinart Stainless Steel 4-Piece 12-Quart Pasta/Steamer Set. Retail value $155.00.
Mandatory Entry. (1 entry)
Tell me what your favorite pasta dish is. Would you like to try it with 100% whole grain pasta instead? If you have link to a recipe, please feel free to share! (1 entry)
The mandatory entry must be done otherwise the bonus entries will not count.
- ‘Like’ The Little Kitchen on facebook and leave your first name & last initial in a comment below. (1 entry)
- Subscribe to this blog via email and verify the subscription, the email address you leave in the email field must match the email address you subscribed with. (2 entries)
- Follow The Little Kitchen on twitter and leave your twitter handle. (1 entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway w/ link and leave a link to your tweet. Use the sample tweet below or the tweet button at the bottom of this post.
Enter for a chance to Mueller's Pasta & a 12Qt Pasta/Steamer Set http://bit.ly/lsjS1e via @TheLittleKitchn #Giveaway
(1 entry OR tweeps who follow me on twitter can also tweet TWICE per day for extra entries and must be as least 4 hours apart)
- Click the ‘Like' button at the bottom of this giveaway post. Leave your first name and last initial. (1 entry)
- ‘Like’ Mueller's Pasta on facebook and leave your first name & last initial. (1 entry)
- This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (I’m very sorry to my international readers).
- Leave a separate comment on this post for EACH entry to make all of your entries count. (If you already like on fb or subscribe via email, just leave a comment saying so.)
- At the conclusion of the giveaway, the entry drawn as well as the mandatory entry will be checked and verified. If your entry cannot be verified at that time, it will not count.
- You have until 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, July 5, 2011 to enter.
One random winner will be chosen via And the Winner is plugin (or random.org if the plugin malfunctions) from all comments submitted in this post. Once the winner is chosen, the winner will be contacted via email and if winner does not respond within 24 hours, winner forfeits prize and another winner will be chosen at random.
Some other notes on entering giveaways on The Little Kitchen:
* How to get the URL of your tweets
Disclosure: I received the items the winner will receive, this giveaway is sponsored by Mueller's Pasta. All opinions are my own and affiliate links are included in this post.