Here's another Halloween-themed drink for you! This time, this is McCormick's recipe. I added a little bit more yellow and red food color to make it a bit more red. I loved how it came out! A nice little bubbly drink for the adults for Halloween! And check out my red velvet cake batter milkshakes if you missed those from last week.
To make black sugar for the glasses, put 2 tablespoons sugar in small resealable plastic bag. Add 10 drops McCormick® Black Food Color and close up the bag and squish around with your hands until the black is evenly distributed.
To make it for the kids, don't use rum and increase pineapple juice to 1 1/2 cups and use a bottle sparkling white grape juice instead of the sparkling white wine.
Be sure to check out the fun Halloween giveaway from McCormick below!
Hocus Pocus Fizz Drink Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 10 drops McCormick® Black Food Color
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Imitation Coconut Extract
- 3 drops McCormick® Red Food Color
- 3 drops McCormick® Yellow Food Color
- 1 bottle 750 ml sparkling white wine
How to Rim Glass with Black-Tinted Sugar
- Place 2 tablespoons sugar in small resealable plastic bag. Add 10 drops McCormick® Black Food Color. Seal bag. Knead sugar until the color is evenly distributed. Pour out onto shallow plate.
- Mix pineapple juice, rum, coconut extract and food colors in measuring cup.
- Dip rim of each beverage glass in water, then into black-tinted sugar to lightly coat. Then, pour 2 ounces pineapple juice mixture into beverage glass. Top with 4 ounces sparkling white wine.
The McCormick Spooky Squad Prize Pack
- Explanding Cooling Rack
- KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Assorted Colors, Set of 3
- McCormick® Black Food Color
- McCormick® Red Food Color
- McCormick® Neon Food Color Pack
- McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- Black Skull & Crossbones Kitchen Apron
Giveaway is closed. Congrats to Jen O!
How to Enter
Leave a comment answering the mandatory question: What sweet treats are you making for Halloween this year?
For four more extra chances to win, leave a separate comment for each type, saying you did the following:
- Follow BOTH The Little Kitchen and McCormick on facebook.
- Subscribe to The Little Kitchen via email
- Follow The Little Kitchen on twitter AND tweet the following:
Enter to a #McCormick Halloween prize pack from @TheLittleKitchn http://bit.ly/Sorc60 ends 10/27 #SpookySquad
Be sure to leave your twitter handle in your comment.
- Follow all of my boards on Pinterest. (Be sure to leave your Pinterest username in your comment.)
U.S. Only. One winner will be chosen at random from all of the comments/entries posted here on this post. Be sure to do the mandatory entry and you're entered into the giveaway. The extra entries are optional (do some or all, just leave a separate comment for each). Giveaway ends on Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST. Winner will be contacted via email supplied in the entry & will have 24 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. (By the way, if you already do any of the above optional entries, just leave a comment saying so.)
Disclosure: This post & giveaway is being sponsored by McCormick. Opinions expressed are always my own. I also received the same prize the winner will receive and this post contains affiliate links.