Aritichoke, Leek and Potato Casserole
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 2 leeks, white & light-green parts only, sliced into thin half-moons and rinsed well
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 14 oz. can of artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bar, 8 oz. Neufchatel cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 2 medium, or 1 large russet potatoes, very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add oil to a large pan or skillet and bring to medium high.
- Add leeks and celery. Cook for 8 minutes, until softened and a little browned. Add artichokes, chicken broth and cheese. Stir thoroughly until combined. Take skillet off heat and add the lemon juice.
- Rub oil on the inside of a 3.75 or 4 quart gratin or baking dish with a paper towel.
- Place half of the potato slices, allowing a little overlap, arrange in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper and add all of the artichoke-leek mixture on top of the potatoes. Arrange the rest of the potato slices on top in the same manner as the bottom layer.
- Season the top potato layer with salt and pepper and brush with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the potatoes are tender and golden brown. Allow the casserole to rest for 10 minutes before serving.