Last year, I was really getting bored with cooking chicken. I went looking for recipes that call for boneless skinless chicken breasts because that's the cut of chicken that my husband prefers. This has become one of our favorites and I have even made it for my co-workers and they enjoyed it too! I found this great recipe on allrecipes.com. It's a great site where I have found many great recipes. Yes, it's December but we're lucky to live in Florida and we're able to grill almost year-round.
Click here for the Grilled Lemon Chicken Recipe
The chicken is cut into thin cutlets and I usually only marinate the chicken for 10-15 minutes. **Update: My sister, Connie, told me that you're not supposed to marinate meats with vegetable. Thanks, Connie!**
- I usually cut the chicken into cutlets (length-wise) so it grills even faster.
- I take the leftover red pepper (unchopped) and marinate them with the chicken. These pieces get grilled and become a side dish.
- I only use about 1/4 cup of the lemon mixture to marinate the chicken in. Reserve the 1/4 cup to brush while the chicken on the grill. The rest I use as a sauce to poor over the chicken before I serve (be sure to split the mixture up BEFORE marinating the chicken).
- Allow the chicken to rest at least 5 minutes after grilling.
- I serve this chicken with a vegetable or salad and rice pilaf.
Jen-Eighty MPH Mom says
Yum this looks awesome!
Julie! My roommate and I made this for dinner tonight with couscous and steamed asparagus and it was very yummy 🙂 We put it in the oven instead of grilling it and since it was our first time making this it took longer than expected but we’re definitely making this again!
Julie Deily says
I’m so glad you like it. It’s one of my favorite easy dishes. I love hearing about it when people try dishes I post about. Thanks, Christina. I hope you’re doing well!