The great folks at Duda Farm Fresh Foods asked me to come up with an easy appetizer for entertaining…with their celery and I know you'll like these. Some may say this is too easy…how can it be a recipe? I'm going to for easy a lot these days, sometimes we don't need overcomplicated recipes to have super tasty food. This one is one of those.
Earlier this year, my friend Jessica, posted a recipe for whipped feta and I filed it (in my brain) away thinking one day, I need to try that. Once this assignment came along, I knew what I wanted to pair the celery with. I love dipping celery in peanut butter or my all-time favorite stuffing celery with cream cheese and sprinkling paprika on it. This takes it one more level up!
These “handy” Dandy Fresh celery sticks (found in your produce department) make this recipe even quicker. Already washed and cut and ready to go.
Crumble up that feta cheese even more in your food processor.
Add the cream cheese and whip it up. I used a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides.
And it only takes a few minutes to make whipped feta for this recipe. Refrigerate it while you're working on the rest of the recipe.
I hope this is easy to see. I used a knife to cut a small slice into the bottoms of my celery sticks. To help them sit upright right when I flip them over.
Then, fill the celery boats with the whipped feta. Then, cut the celery. If you cut the celery and then fill them, it will take longer but you can do it that way also.
Sprinkle with pepper, add the olives and tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil.
Superrrrr easy and the sharpness and bite from the whipped feta, the saltiness from the olives and the sweetness from the tomatoes…make this is a killer combination! This is the perfect easy appetizer for your next get together!
Be sure to stop by and check out the wonderful giveaway from Dandy Fresh Celery too!
Greek Salad Celery Appetizer Recipe
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 Dandy Fresh celery sticks
- 1/2 cup chopped Greek Kalamatta olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup cherry tomates, quartered or cut into eighths
- olive oil
- Add feta to your food processor and pulse until the feta resembles small crumbs. Add cream cheese and whip for about 4 to 5 minutes until feta is creamy. Refrigerate while prepping the rest of the recipe.
- Flip celery sticks over and slice a small sliver from the bottom, so that the celery will sit straight on a board. Using a spoon or butter knife, fill celery with whipped feta. Cut celery into 6 to 8 pieces (bite-sized pieces).
- Place celery bites on a serving dish and grate fresh pepper on top. Add tomatoes and olives and drizzle olive oil on top. These can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge (drizzle olive oil before serving).
Some more recipes that use celery:
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Duda Farm Fresh Foods. As always, I only work with brands I know and love and always share with you my honest opinions. Thank you for supporting the sponsors of The Little Kitchen, without yours and their support, I wouldn't be able to run this blog of mine!