It's been a little quiet around here because I'm still getting over this cold of mine and that pinched nerve in my neck. Yeow is all I can say! Thank goodness for medicine and thanks for the sweet comments and emails! I made these biscuits late one night a few weeks ago and posted on facebook about them…it was a late night craving. I have been making these biscuits for years and they are supposed to be a copy cat of Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
I don't even remember where I got the recipe and seriously have been making these biscuits since high school…my besties from HS can vouch for this. I don't know if they are close to Red Lobster's biscuits but they are amazing!
I have to admit, I usually make them with Bisquick and not from scratch! I know, I know so this time, I wanted to give them a try and used Tara's recipe for homemade Bisquick. I have to tell you…I couldn't decide, it was really close so I took it to my Bunko group last night. I conducted an unscientific poll and you won't believe that the Bisquick ones eased out as a winner from the group. I'm sure everyone will have their own opinion but I think I'll keep making them with Bisquick and from scratch when I don't have a box of Bisquick on hand.
And I do like to freshly grate the cheddar cheese but I do sometimes use the bag of cheese as another shortcut measure. Even when I grate the cheese by hand, I can still get these biscuits on the table in less than 20 minutes.
By the way, I used a large cookie scoop (about 2.5 Tablespoons to scoop these biscuits out) to ensure uniformity.
Just wanted to share with you my favorite garlic powder…
They are soft, pillowy and addictive, I know you won't be able to eat just one. And even better, they take 20 minutes or less to get on the table. Hope you enjoy!
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk, I used low fat milk
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, I used McCormick California garlic powder
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix Bisquick and cheddar cheese together with a rubber spatula. Add milk and combine. Using a large cookie scoop, scoop portions onto a foil lined cookie sheet. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes.
- While the biscuits are baking in the oven, melt butter in a microwave-safe container in 15 second intervals. Add garlic powder and mix thoroughly. Right after removing, the biscuits from the oven, brush butter-garlic mixture on the tops. Using a spatula, remove the biscuits from the cookie sheet and serve immediately.
- Scratch recipe made 10 biscuits, bisquick recipe made 12 biscuits. Store biscuits in a zippered plastic bag in the fridge. They are good reheated - about 15 seconds or less in the microwave.
This is not a sponsored post. And there's an affiliate link in this post.