I'm so excited to share with you my second post for the Better Homes and Garden Delish Dish Food Blog! It's a recipe for Fresh Corn Salad with Bacon.
How I learned to dice an onion — and how I get such a small dice.
First, stand the onion half on it's side. Slice downwards but not all the way so that the onion holds together. Lay the onion down, inside down and then slice strips, again not all the across or the onion will come apart. Then, cut crosswise and it's a small dice. The end, you'll have to chop a few times to get them smaller.
The wider your slices are, the bigger your diced onion will be!
Be sure to hop over the Delish Dish blog for more details about the recipe for Fresh Corn Salad with Bacon!
Fresh Corn Salad with Bacon Recipe
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion, cut to same size as the clusters of corn kernels, soaked in ice water for 20 minutes and patted dry
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded, not peeled if unwaxed, then diced to same size of onions
- 1/2 cup red or orange sweet pepper, diced to same size as onions
- 1/2 cup cherry or pear tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely torn
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves or buds, pulled apart
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno, seeds and veins removed, very finely diced*
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 cups small arugula leaves
- a few slices of bacon, cooked
- For the full instructions, hop over to Fresh Corn Salad with Bacon!
Disclosure: I’m a compensated contributor to the BHG Delish Dish blog. These are my own words and I only share my opinions with you.