What? It's October? Well, it's still in the mid to higher 80s here and obviously I have not been able to let go of summer…
When I think about coconut popsicles, I think of growing up in Southern California and having men pushing popsicle carts through our neighborhood all the time…they had coconut ones, mango ones and even pina colada. I don't remember the ice cream trucks all that well back then but I remember the popsicle carts.
And then when we moved to Florida, my absolute favorite thing was to get hand-dipped ice cream bars at Haagen-Dazs in the mall. My sister would get them dipped in dark chocolate and then dipped in chocolate cookie crumbs while I always got them dipped in milk chocolate and sprinkles!
Okay I did it again, I devoured the entire popsicle while taking these pictures.
After freezing the Zoku pop maker for 24 hours, put in your popsicle sticks and get ready.
Pour in the popsicle mixture up to the fill line.
Allow the mixture to freeze – it only takes 7-10 minutes!
And then dip it in the chocolate station…
And then sprinkles or whatever your favorite toppings are!
Chocolate Covered Coconut Popsicles Recipe
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons coconut milk not lite
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon sugar
Chocolate Quick Shell
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil
- Whisk together all coconut popsicle ingredients in a spouted measuring cup until sugar has dissolved.
- After freezing the Zoku pop maker for 24 hours, put in your popsicle sticks and pour in the coconut popsicle mixture up to the fill line in your Zoku pop maker.
- Allow the mixture to freeze for about 7-10 minutes. Using the Zoku super tool, screw it into the bottom of the popsicle stick and turn into the popsicle becomes loose and easy to remove. Repeat with other popsicles.
Chocolate Quick Shell
- Heat chocolate chips in an oven safe glass bowl in 20 second increments until melted, stirring in between each time.
- Whisk together the chocolate and coconut oil it is completely smooth and mixed together.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely before applying to pops.
And yay!! Thanks to Zoku for providing these awesome prizes…
(Sorry no popsicles or sprinkles or nuts included with this giveaway.)
The Prize: (1) Zoku Duo Quick Pop Maker and (1) Chocolate Station
(approx retail value $60)
Giveaway is closed. Congratulations to Phyllis!
How to Enter
Visit Zoku and tell me about at least one of their products that you're interested in. (Be specific, pop maker is not enough)
For five more extra chances to win, leave a separate comment for each type, saying you did the following:
- Follow BOTH The Little Kitchen and Zoku on facebook.
- Subscribe to The Little Kitchen via email
- Follow The Little Kitchen on twitter AND tweet the following:
Enter to a win Duo Quick Pop Maker & more from @ZokuHQ & @TheLittleKitchn http://bit.ly/QXOnX7 ends 10/11
- Follow Zoku on twitter.
- Follow all of my boards on Pinterest.
U.S. Only. One winner will be chosen at random from all of the comments/entries posted here on this post. Be sure to do the mandatory entry and you're entered into the giveaway. The extra entries are optional (do some or all, just leave a separate comment for each). Giveaway ends on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST. Winner will be contacted via email supplied in the entry & will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. (By the way, if you already do any of the above optional entries, just leave a comment saying so.)
Disclosure: This giveaway is being sponsored by Zoku. Opinions expressed are always my own. I also received the same prize the winner will receive. This post contains affiliate links.