Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Chicken lettuce wraps, I have had them in restaurants and have always wanted to make them. When I received a nice little package from the National Honey Board, I checked out their website and they have tons of great recipes. Many of them are very healthy recipes too. I printed out a few recipes and this one for chicken lettuce wraps using 2 tablespoons of honey stuck out to me.
To say my husband loved this recipe is an understatement. This recipe will definitely become a regular in our house. He was really excited for me to make it and even came up with the idea to add rice noodles to it. If you want to make this recipe as more of a meal, add the rice noodles. If you'd like it to be more an appetizer, I would leave out the rice noodles.
We used both kinds of lettuce because we wanted to see which one would be the best…the answer is, we like them both!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 Tbsp walnut oil
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar – I can never find this so I used rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 to 2 green onions, slice at an angle thinly
- salt & pepper to taste
- 12 leaves Boston Bibb or butter lettuce
- Separate lettuce leaves, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add 2 tsp walnut oil to a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Cook the thoroughly which can take from 7 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk remaining walnut oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil together until thoroughly combined.
- Add to the sauce the chicken, carrots and almonds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on top of lettuce leaves and garnish with sliced green onions.
Adapted from the National Honey Board
Disclosure: I was provided with a honey gift pack from the National Honey Board. I was not compensated for this post nor was I asked to post about this recipe. The opinions are my own.