This post is sponsored by Roth Cheese.
You guys know how much I love mac & cheese. And given any excuse to bring it to another level or just plain enjoy mac and cheese…I jump at that chance!
The folks at Roth Cheese have put together an ultimate mac and cheese blend…all ready to go, it has their signature Grand Cru (their Alpine-style cheese), Havarti and Sharp Cheddar. Isn't that a great combination?
I decided to go another way and instead of using pasta, I used gnocchi. I browned the butter and added kale and corn to it…it's different, more grown up AND it's amazing!
You'll totally impress your friends when you make this for them…and it's so easy to make. Don't you just love that?
First, set a pot of water to boil for the gnocchi.
Then, prep the kale. I remove the leaves from the stems.
Then, I cut them into bite-sized pieces.
Get all of the ingredients together…including your Roth Cheese Mac and Cheese blend.
Melt the butter on medium heat.
Allow the butter to cook a little longer, about 3 to 4 minutes to brown it. Can you see the brown specks?
Add flour to make your roux.
Add the milk and whisk.
Add salt, pepper and the other spices. Then, add the cheese and mix until it's melted.
Then, add the kale and corn. This brightens the mac & cheese and balances it out.
It's a wonderful dish to have on its own or as side dish with an entree. It seriously will impress your friends…my friends loved it!
You definitely want to check out their site as they usually have a great coupon. And check out the giveaway below!
Brown Butter Gnocchi Mac & Cheese with Kale and Corn Recipe
- 16 ounce package gnocchi
- 5 kale stems
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 6- ounce bag Roth Ultimate Mac n Cheese Blend, about 1 1/2 cups cheese
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Follow instructions on package to cook the gnocchi.
- Remove kale leaves from the stems and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Add butter to a small pot and allow the butter to melt and brown. Browning the butter should take 3 to 5 minutes after it melts. Be careful to not let it burn.
- Add flour to the butter and mix well with a spatula, cooking for about 2 minutes. Gradually pour in the milk and whisk. Cook the sauce for 2 minutes until it thickens, whisking occasionally. Add salt, pepper, ground mustard and ground nutmeg and whisk. Add the Roth Ultimate Mac & Cheese blend, turn the heat down to low and stir until melted.
- Add the kale and corn to the cheese sauce and mix. Once the kale has cooked down, about 2 to 3 minutes, add the gnocchi and mix. Serve immediately.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Roth Cheese . The opinions and text are all mine.