It seems kind of wrong, right? But it's so wrong in a good way. I have been so obsessed with sriracha lately, especially since I made these spicy shrimp and grits and my sweet & spicy wings. I have been thinking of other ways to use sriracha…so when I made tempura-fried sushi for my friends (I'm still trying to perfect that recipe and will share when it's ready 🙂 ) along with a sriracha mayo dipping sauce…I knew I had to make more stuff I could so I could dip in the mayo…so these were born.
Well, kind of. Todd & Diane made BLT spring rolls a while back and I have always wanted to try them! I did it a little differently by using rice noodles like most spring rolls have and made the wonderfully easy sriracha mayo dipping sauce to go along with it. <3!
This is my family's absolute favorite spring roll wrappers! They are thick and pretty durable. I have step by step photos on how to wrap a spring roll.
As far as making bacon, I have given up on doing it on my stove top a long time ago. We microwave it in this bacon grill from Nordic Ware. You can buy it here and here with the lid or as a whole set.
It's super easy to use and we wash it in the dishwasher. I usually microwave the bacon in two 90 second intervals and then additional 30 seconds if needed. If I need to make more than one batch, I drain the bacon fat into a glass bowl and then use it again. Then, it goes into the dishwasher. No mess and no wasting paper towels to microwave it on a regular plate.
These are so easy to wrap up – check out my post on how to wrap a spring roll. And a word of warning, these are so addictive. The first time I made these, I ate 8 of them. Did I just admit that? Haha and the dipping sauce…oh man!
Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato Spring Rolls with Sriracha Mayo Dipping Sauce Recipe
Sriracha Mayo Dipping Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- rice vermicelli noodles
- 8-10 pieces of bacon, cooked
- red or green leaf lettuce
- spring roll rice paper
- tomatoes, sliced and then cut strips
- Measure out sriracha and mayonnaise into a small mixing bowl. Whisk until completely combined. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Place a pot of water on your stove and bring to a boil. Boil rice vermicelli noodles according to instructions. Be careful, it usually only takes 3 to 4 minutes to cook the noodles. Drain noodles in a colander. Run cold water over the noodles while mixing it. Rinsing the noodles will keep them from sticking together. Shake colander and drain as much waster as possible, place colander on a plate and set aside.
- Cook bacon.
- Wrap spring rolls and serve immediately. (You only need to wet the rice paper for a few seconds-- for full instructions on how to wrap them, visit this.)
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post.
Heather @ My Overflowing Cup says
I love BLTs and Spring Rolls, but I never thought of combining the two. Brilliant! The dipping sauce sounds wonderful. It’s all about the sauces, isn’t it? And the bacon. Thanks for the recipe!
Love this idea! You’ve created a dish with the best of both worlds + the sauce. 🙂
Rachel @ Bakerita says
Wow, these look so delicious!! Love the BLT flavors in a spring roll 🙂 pinned!
Erin Ellis says
These look fantastic! I would never have thought of such a thing. Yum!
Great idea, I have to make them soon
Linda Rae says
Oh my these look amazing! I’ve got to make these! 🙂
Alice // Hip Foodie Mom says
oh my goodness. . I love these! I love the addition of the rice noodles and the sriracha mayo dipping sauce! delicious!
shelly (cookies and cups) says
I seriously need one of those bacon cooker things! Frying bacon is possibly my least favorite thing to do in history!
Also Spring Rolls are one of my favorite all time foods.. and with bacon? You did it!
Toni | BoulderLocavore says
Julie these are so creative and delicious sounding! What a fantastic idea.
I love spring rolls of any kind, but a BLT spring with spicy sounds just incredible. Great idea!!