BLT Shrimp Flatbreads
This post is sponsored by Princess Cruises.
I love quick and easy meals. I really do. I also love laboring over a meal (when I have time on the weekends) and it coming out just right. It's such a feeling of accomplishment.
But during the week, it's all about the quick and easy! This recipe for BLT (bacon, lettuce and tomato) shrimp flatbreads is so easy!!!
I recently went on a Princess Cruise to the Mexican Riviera and I had an amazing time! I was fortunate to bring my friend, Nancie, with me!
We had so much fun! This is the Port of Los Angeles as we were leaving the port for Mexico!
We had sooo much good food on the cruise ship and off. I knew I had to come home and make some shrimp recipes for you to try!
After cooking the bacon, I left some of the bacon fat in the skillet. And then cooked the shrimp!
This is kind of a recipe un-recipe…because I just splashed in some vinegar and olive oil along with some salt and pepper!
This makes a delicious snack or dinner! I know you'll love it!!!!!
BLT Shrimp Flatbread Recipe
Yield: 2 flatbread pizzas
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 3 to 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 pound shrimp (if frozen, defrosted; peeled and deveined)
- homemade pesto (or store bought is fine)
- chopped tomatoes
- baby arugula
- white wine or prosecco vinegar
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet and chop up. Set aside.
- Prep the shrimp. Dry the shrimp with paper towels and add salt and pepper. Using the same skillet (with some of the bacon fat still in the skillet), cook the shrimp 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- While the shrimp is cooking, add the flatbreads to the oven on a foil-lined baking sheet. Heat 4 to 6 minutes on each side (longer if your flatbreads are frozen).
- Add tomatoes, arugula, a couple of splashes of vinegar and olive oil as well as salt and pepper to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Remove the flatbreads from the oven, spread the pesto on both. Add the tossed arugula and tomatoes on top. Then, add the shrimp and bacon. Serve immediately.
from The Little Kitchen
Have you tried this recipe?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Princess Cruises. I only share with you brands that I love and share with you my own opinions.