Bacon Gouda Breakfast Sandwiches
I love breakfast and I try to not skip such an important meal. I love quick and easy meals! Cobblestone Bread Co. has a great new line of bagels and English muffins and asked me to share a recipe with you all using one of their new products.
I love their English muffins! And I love how it helps me make breakfast quicker and easier.
These little breakfast sandwiches were inspired by one of my favorite coffee shops…they sell a similar sandwich I love!
Add one large egg and a splash of milk to a measuring cup.
Beat the egg and the milk together with a fork.
I cook one egg at a time in my mini little cast iron skillets. Love this!
Once the egg is done, remove it from the skillet and set aside for a few minutes.
Fold the eggs so they fit on the English muffins. I just fold the sides of the round egg and tuck it underneath, be careful, the eggs are really hot!
Toast the English muffins and then add butter to them with a butter knife (I use spreadable butter).
Here's some more timesaving tips! Cook the bacon ahead of time so all you have to do is grab it from the refrigerator. You can do the same thing with the folded eggs!
I loved these so much! So easy to make and makes having breakfast a breeze!
Even better, you can prep and make the eggs and the bacon ahead of time to make mornings EVEN easier or you can make a few sandwiches and build them ahead of time. Reheat and enjoy for a super fast breakfast any day of the week!
Bacon Gouda Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe
Yield: serves 2
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- whole milk
- Cobblestone Bread Co. Plain English Muffins
- spreadable butter
- 2 slices gouda cheese
- 3 pieces of bacon, cooked
- Heat a small cast iron skillet on medium heat for 3 minutes. Then, add 1/2 Tablespoon unsalted butter to the skillet and melt. Add one large egg and a splash of milk to a small bowl or measuring cup. Beat egg with a fork until thoroughly combined. Add beaten egg to the skillet once the butter is melted.
- Cook 1 egg for 2 minutes, until set and flip over and cook for 30 to 45 more seconds. Set egg aside. Repeat with the second egg.
- Allow the eggs to cool for a couple of minutes and then fold the eggs so they fit on the English muffins. Just fold the sides of the round egg and tuck it underneath, be careful, the eggs are probably still really hot!
- Split two Cobblestone Bread Co. Plain English Muffins with a butter knife. Toast them to desired doneness using a toaster.
- Then, using a butter knife spread spreadable butter on the English muffins.
- Add the folded eggs to each one, then gouda cheese and then add 1.5 pieces of bacon on each Engish muffin. Serve immediately or store in a tightly sealed container or zippered plastic bag. It can be reheated and very useful for very busy mornings!
from The Little Kitchen
Have you tried this recipe?
Disclosure: Compensation for this post was provided by Cobblestone Bread Co. via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cobblestone Bread Co. or AOL.