It's Ben & Jerry's week– presented by Shelly and Kristan. When they invited me to join, I had to say yesss! I love ice cream, in fact, my first job was at an ice cream shop! But making a dessert inspired by an ice cream flavor, I chose Americone Dream immediately. It's vanilla ice cream with chocolate dipped waffle cone bits/crumbs and caramel. I love it!
I was going to try to make a cookie but then I worried the waffle cone would get all weird. I woke up the other morning and thought blondieeeees! And the rest is history…it's so easy because I used store bought waffle cones and a jar of caramel sauce (next time I'm going to try it with salted caramel!).
I melted the chocolate in the microwave and used a silicone brush to brush the chocolate on. I picked 7 cones — because it's lucky number seven. It was the perfect amount of chocolate to coat all 7 cones!
Then, I refrigerated them for about 2 hours but you can get away with doing them for an hour.
While those were in the fridge, I prepped my blondies and baked them! They are plain blondies, I didn't add any nuts or white chocolate to them. I did however add a little extra vanilla extract to them.
I used a meat mallet but be gentle, okay? These waffle cones didn't do anything to you. I didn't want to use my fingers because it would make the chocolate melt again.
And how about a collective sigh? I feel so good and bad about this recipe…don't ask how many I had. 😉 Let's just say, I really enjoyed them and they are perfect for when you're having a super stressful day.
No other words — and by the way, there are more than enough waffle cone bits for this recipe…save them and put them on top of your ice cream tomorrow night for dessert. You're welcome!
Americone Dream Blondie Sandwiches Recipe
Chocolate-Dipped Waffle Cones
- 7 waffle cones
- 9.5 ounces milk chocolate baking melts or chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 Tbsp 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 14 ounce jar Caramel Sauce
Chocolate-Dipped Waffle Cones
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second intervals until melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Line a plate or baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a silicone brush, brush melted chocolate on the insides and outsides of the waffle cones and place on baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Using a clean meat mallet or heavy tool, lightly break apart the waffle cones.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by adding parchment paper -- making a sling.
- Cream brown sugar and egg using a until it's light and fluffy using an electric mixer. Add vanilla extract and melted butter and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well with a rubber spatula.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in two batches and incorporate with a rubber spatula. Don't overmix the batter.
- Pour blondie batter to the baking pan. Spray an angled spatula with baking spray and use the spatula to spread the batter evenly and smooth over the top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place baking pan on wire rack and allow to cool for five minutes. Remove from baking pan by grabbing a hold of the parchment paper sling and placing on top of the wire rack. Allow the blondies to completely cool before cutting.
- Cut blondies into 16 squares and then slice each piece in half creating two halves like a sandwich. Add chocolate dipped waffle cone bits and drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons of caramel sauce and assemble like a sandwich!
Check out the other amazing Ben & Jerry's inspired recipes!