A Simple Tomato Sauce Recipe with Pomi & Giveaway
I recently got to try these great tomatoes from Pomi. It’s refreshing to try a product from a company who prides itself in having no preservatives, being low in sodium, using no pesticides or herbicides. These tomatoes are very versatile.
The tomatoes that go into these BPA free containers are grown in Italy and contain NO additives, citric acid, added water or artificial colors.
I emailed my good friend Paula of bell’alimento (her site is amazing by the way) and asked her what her favorite simple tomato sauce recipe was. She said use olive oil, onion and garlic, cook for a little while and add fresh basil at the end. Yummy and you can’t get simpler than this! This sauce is perfect on pasta, as a dipping sauce or even as a pizza sauce.
It’s really that simple to make. In less than 30 minutes, you have a really great tasting and easy to make tomato sauce.
Simple Tomato Sauce Recipe
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, small dice
3 garlic cloves, minced
26.46oz container of chopped tomatoes, Pomi brand
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
Heat oil on medium heat for two minutes in a french oven. Add onions and cook until slightly browned, four to five minutes. Add garlic and heat for about 60 seconds.
Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water. Cover and set to low heat. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Add fresh basil, mix and add more salt and pepper to taste.
I have started seeing Pomi being offered at my local grocery store and you can also purchase on Amazon for under $40 for a case of 12.
One winner chosen at random one case of Pomi chopped tomatoes. Retail value $50.00.
Tell me about your favorite tomato sauce recipe. Have a link to one? Please share! (1 entry)
The mandatory entry must be done otherwise the bonus entries will not count.
- ‘Like’ The Little Kitchen on facebook and leave your first name & last initial in a comment below. (1 entry)
- Subscribe to this blog via email and verify the subscription, the email address you leave in the email field must match the email address you subscribed with. (2 entries)
- Follow The Little Kitchen on twitter and leave your twitter handle. (1 entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway w/ link and leave a link to your tweet. Use the sample tweet below or the tweet button at the bottom of this post.
Pomi Tomatoes #Giveaway http://bit.ly/qjRX8n via @TheLittleKitchn
(1 entry OR tweeps who follow me on twitter can also tweet TWICE per day for extra entries and must be as least 4 hours apart)
- Click the ‘Like’ button at the bottom of this giveaway post. Leave your first name and last initial. (1 entry)
- Visit the Pomi website and tell me something you learned about their products. (1 entry)
- ‘Like’ Pomi on facebook and comment here with your first name and last initial. (1 entry)
- This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (I’m very sorry to my international readers).
- Leave a separate comment on this post for EACH entry to make all of your entries count. (If you already like on fb or subscribe via email, just leave a comment saying so.)
- At the conclusion of the giveaway, the entry drawn as well as the mandatory entry will be checked and verified. If your entry cannot be verified at that time, it will not count.
- You have until 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 to enter.
One random winner will be chosen via And the Winner is plugin from all comments submitted in this post. Once the winner is chosen, the winner will be contacted via email and if winner does not respond within 48 hours, winner forfeits prize and another winner will be chosen at random.
Some other notes on entering giveaways on The Little Kitchen:
* How to get the URL of your tweets
Disclosure: I received the same product the winner will receive. Opinions are always my own. And some links in this post are affiliate links.